DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   I have my Camera (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/108508-i-have-my-camera.html)

Chris Forbes November 21st, 2007 01:55 PM

I have my Camera

Unboxing and footage tests to follow.

Serial number 40

Footage at the bottom of the page

www.thevideodepartment.net/EX1/EX1TEST.mp4

Sami Sanpakkila November 21st, 2007 01:59 PM

Oooh Exciting! If any possibilities I would love to see the cine settings on something colorful that has also lots of bright lights and deep blacks. Im interested in how filmlike the camera can act.

Still waiting for delivery info from UK supplier.

Steven Thomas November 21st, 2007 02:17 PM

Chis please try the vignetting test for us.

Chris Forbes November 21st, 2007 02:57 PM

I think waiting for the battery to charge is going to kill me.

Arrrgh :~0

Chris Forbes November 21st, 2007 03:21 PM

Unboxing Photos

http://www.thevideodepartment.net/EX1/index.htm

I have to say having gone from a JVC DV500 that has a manual lens. The focus and zoom on this camera operate exactly as I'd expect them to. Very nice. Very solid.

I called my sales guy today to bug him about delivery and he told me they got a single camera yesterday that they were keeping for the showroom. But I ordered mine in Aug. so I was first one the list for the next shipment. So I went down to the showroom to see if I could play with their demo model and while I was there they got another shipment of 4 cameras. So I got to take mine home and when I went in I had no idea it would be there. Sweet. But the extra battery and card I ordered are still not there. Hopefully soon.

Sorry about the watermark that is my ebay ID

Heath McKnight November 21st, 2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Forbes (Post 779543)
Serial number 40

Only true video geeks love the serial numbers; this is like the RED gang. Awesome! Can't wait to see some stuff.

heath

Alessandro Zumstein November 21st, 2007 03:39 PM

Wow

Please, d'ont post new picture of this wonder cam. It's not god for my heart

:-) LOL!!!

I'cant wait anymore. I live in switzerland, the dealer sayed, the camera comes in 1-2 Weeks.

Edwin Beeler November 21st, 2007 04:55 PM

Can't wait-----

Hi Alessandro

I live in Switzerland, too (german part) and I'd be very interested in your first experiences with that camera - can you keep me informed?
Thank you
Edwin

Joel Chappell November 21st, 2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Forbes (Post 779543)
Unboxing and footage tests to follow.

Serial number 40

You are my hero for the day.

Chris Forbes November 21st, 2007 05:06 PM

First Clip

____________ broken link _________________

Rightclicksaveas Mirrors appreciated

this is outside full sun with both ND filters on. 720 24p and 60 fps on the slomo stuff.

Chris Forbes November 21st, 2007 05:11 PM

I still need to work on work flow. some of the clips I could import into FCP others were a no-go. i had more luck with the software for the larger XDCAM's than the one that came with the camera.

Steven Thomas November 21st, 2007 05:28 PM

Chris, I can't get this to play, using a PC. Black screen only.
Any chance of a actual mp4 file?

Chris Forbes November 21st, 2007 05:39 PM

maybe I cut together several clips to show diffearnt things DOF, Overcrank, and motion.

So I'll try to export it again in a PC friendly format. Right now it is MOV, video only, 720p24.

FYI keying with this camera is awsome. :0

Ola Christoffersson November 21st, 2007 05:40 PM

Same here! I tried Quicktime player, VLC, Windows media player, Zoom player and finally Power DVD. No luck! What format is this? It says .mov but the latest Quicktime version does not like the file.
Maybe it is using some kind of proprietary FCP codec?

Chris Forbes November 21st, 2007 05:53 PM

Sorry for the confusion.