XDCAM EX1 on the road blog - Page 45 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 9th, 2008, 04:32 PM   #661
Major Player

Paul, etc.,
After talking with Dennis the other month about the same light falloff issue as yours he thought it might be my specific camera. So on Friday I did a test with 2 EX-1s and a Brevis and a Letus Extreme. Did every combination: no adapter, brevis on each, letus on each, and filmed a lit white surface. The results show that it is not my camera, as my buddy's cam looked the same and our results were identical to the stills you posted. With the Letus you can zoom past the dark edges (and maintain "good enough" edge sharpness) but with the Brevis I still see falloff even zoomed to 85 (or 99 for that matter). It is a shame, because I do think the Brevis works great on other cams, but the Letus is certainly the winner for the EX-1.
I can post stills or video of these results when I get a chance.

B
Benjamin Eckstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 07:59 AM   #662
Major Player

Hi Benjamin, thanks for confirming what I already suspected. it would be great to see some of your results although Phils thread probably isn't the right place to keep talking about this issue, how about we take it over to http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/sony-xdca...-ex-1-fix.html

regards

paul.
Old November 27th, 2008, 02:04 PM   #663
Major Player

video contest is over, time for the nervous part! :)
Erik Phairas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 04:18 PM   #664
Trustee

Philip Bloom Blog Archive 3rd Film Competition! Great Prizes!! Fantastic Sponsors!!!

Win a Letus Extreme and loads of other prizes!!
Old March 3rd, 2009, 07:21 PM   #665
Trustee

I just want to say, although I am having a torrid affair with the Panasonic HPX301e, I still am married to my one true love the EX3. Being a french national I believe I am allowed to take a mistress...I couldn't help it! She had a sleek body and promised me a more voluptuous figure of 4:2:2 than the waif like 4:2:0. Her brain is a bit smaller, but I can cope with that! ;-)
Old March 3rd, 2009, 08:29 PM   #666
Major Player

Ah ... Phllip ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Bloom View Post
I just want to say, although I am having a torrid affair with the Panasonic HPX301e, I still am married to my one true love the EX3. Being a french national I believe I am allowed to take a mistress...I couldn't help it! She had a sleek body and promised me a more voluptuous figure of 4:2:2 than the waif like 4:2:0. Her brain is a bit smaller, but I can cope with that! ;-)
A torrid affair is just what the doctor ordered and oh so French but don't let your better half go cold. She'll rear up and bite you on the arse!
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2009, 08:30 PM   #667
Trustee

i did suggest a menage a trois, but it seems the bits don't fit in the right slots. Just incompatible. Damn!
Old March 27th, 2009, 12:44 PM   #668
Trustee

twitter

Hi guys,

In case you didn't know I do have a twitter account. philipbloom (philipbloom) on Twitter that appears on my site. I use it to drop latest news and also work opportunities so check it out!

Phil
Old March 28th, 2009, 02:26 AM   #669
Major Player

Quote:
In case you didn't know I do have a twitter account.
Nice one, always looking for video related twitterers. Mine is Paul Joy (pjoy) on Twitter

regards

Paul.
Old March 28th, 2009, 04:37 AM   #670
Major Player

Quote:
Phil

To satisfy your "needs" you could buy a "device" for your seemingly inadequate EX camera. Convergent Design makes a "box" that will "put out" 4:2:2 at native resolution!! Imagine, one "girl" who can fulfill all your desires!!
Ed Kukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2009, 04:39 PM   #671
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Kukla View Post
Phil

To satisfy your "needs" you could buy a "device" for your seemingly inadequate EX camera. Convergent Design makes a "box" that will "put out" 4:2:2 at native resolution!! Imagine, one "girl" who can fulfill all your desires!!
am half French. One girl could never fulfill all my desires!
Old April 5th, 2009, 06:09 AM   #672
Trustee

New tutorial section launched on my site. I hope it is of use to people.

Philip Bloom Tutorials
Old April 5th, 2009, 12:04 PM   #673
Trustee

Thanks Phil, the Letus looks interesting. Just one small question (the video terminated before it reached the end so maybe you dealt with my question) can you use Nikon wide angle lenses with the Letus, (35, 24 or 20mm) and still acheive a wide angle view.
Old April 5th, 2009, 12:13 PM   #674
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Oliver View Post
Thanks Phil, the Letus looks interesting. Just one small question (the video terminated before it reached the end so maybe you dealt with my question) can you use Nikon wide angle lenses with the Letus, (35, 24 or 20mm) and still acheive a wide angle view.
how did it terminate before the end? i need to check that...widest lens I use is 17-35mm. Wide angles look great with it.
Old April 5th, 2009, 01:31 PM   #675
Trustee

Just tried the video again and no problem this time, maybe it was just a spike in the stream.

Thanks for the info on wide angle lenses.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds