vignette problem quick fix - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 1st, 2007, 05:02 AM  
Major Player

Ken, I understand you line of reasoning, as I had considered that theory myself. But empirically, the vignetting in my camera, which seems to be a "classic" case, is identical with or without the hood fitted.

Also, as I mentioned before elsewhere, when vignetting occurs in front of a lens, as caused by a hard matte or filter ring or whatever, it generally worsened at a tighter stop, at the offending opaque object becomes sharper. In this case, the vignetting becomes worse with a wider stop, implying a blockage closer to the iris.

Sorry for bumping this misleading thread to the top.
Old December 1st, 2007, 09:33 AM  
Trustee

Ken,

Everyone who has the stated vignetting problem has removed the hood. The vignetting is still there. Brian is the only one here who mentioned his was the hood.
Again, while staring at my monitor (SD out full raster) clearly showing the problem, I removed the hood and the vignetting is still there.

Therefore, mine is NOT the hood.
Old December 1st, 2007, 11:05 AM  
Regular Crew

Gentleman, Thanks for the help in pushing me to test further. After playing
back a clip that I knew had the problem I noticed I wasn't now seeing it which pointed to user error. My bad. I had moved to my laptop for viewing and did not have overscan view on! My "quick fix" post was indeed my error as I do see the issue now with ALL the samples < And I did alot of them > both with and without the shade. Not being able to see it on a clip that I KNEW had it was what made me look at the obvious..... Add another bad camera to the list.
Old December 1st, 2007, 11:25 AM  
Obstreperous Rex

closed to avoid any further confusion...

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds