EX1 Night scenery - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 7th, 2008, 12:02 PM   #16
Major Player

mooho,

what's the title of this beautiful music?

the "black level" of your video is so good i have my pmw-ex1 on order.

thanks,

paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooho Bae View Post
Please enjoy my night scenery shots of the Han River in Seoul, Korea.

http://www.moohobae.com/mine/20071206_720P-1.wmv
Paul Chiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2008, 09:11 PM   #17
Major Player

How do you get the raw footage to work in CS3?

Mike
Michael Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 08:50 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Seah View Post
Very impressive! Looks pretty sharp. I supposed 1/24 means progressive in 1920x1080 24P? And was that rendered from Vegas Pro 8 or Premire?
Oh, I must correct my previous answer to Sean. Sorry. Yes, It was 1920*1080 24P (HQ mode), and It was rendered from Vegas 8.

But Now I use Premiere Pro 2.0 with NeoHD. Maybe It's an answer to Mike.

Paul, Sorry for delayed answer. The music is from the soundtrack of the movie 'Dear Hunter'.

One other thing I want to say to you is that these clips were shot before fixing the backfocus problem. You can clealy see the backfocus problem in the third clip from the end. This problem is now completely fixed.

Thanks, Guys.

Last edited by Mooho Bae; January 8th, 2008 at 10:34 AM.
Mooho Bae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 09:24 AM   #19
Major Player

Thanks mooho for th esoundtrack info....

back to workflow on pmw-ex1:

1. can the raw footage from the pmw-ex1 be copied directly off the card onto a pc or mac? in that case, is the i/o throughput as fast as a hard drive transfer or even faster? HDV in the past is horribly slow in "capturing" over to computer...

2. once this raw footage is on a pc or mac, can you play this in 1920x1080p with programs like VLC, quicktime or powerdvd?

(i bought a canon hg10 hard disk hd camcorder to use for christmas as i could not find any stock in the us for the pmw-ex1 and the raw footage off the canon can only be played with nero showtime off the nero ultra 8 edition.

while the direct HDMI connected video from the canon hg10 to a large (>47" HDTV) looks great, the computer playback of the offloaded raw footage does not.

how is this with the sony pmw-ex1?

thanks again.

paul

nyc

Quote:
Oh, I must correct my previous answer to you. Yes, It was 1920*1080 24P (HQ mode), and It was rendered from Vegas 8.

But Now I use Premiere Pro 2.0 with NeoHD. Maybe It's an answer to Mike.

Paul, Sorry for delayed answer. The music is from the soundtrack of the movie 'Dear Hunter'.

One other ting I want to say to you is that these clips were shot before fixing the backfocus problem. You can clealy see the backfocus problem in the third clip from the end. This problem is now completely fixed.

Thanks, Guys.
Paul Chiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 10:03 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Chiu View Post
Thanks mooho for th esoundtrack info....

back to workflow on pmw-ex1:

1. can the raw footage from the pmw-ex1 be copied directly off the card onto a pc or mac? in that case, is the i/o throughput as fast as a hard drive transfer or even faster? HDV in the past is horribly slow in "capturing" over to computer...

2. once this raw footage is on a pc or mac, can you play this in 1920x1080p with programs like VLC, quicktime or powerdvd?

(i bought a canon hg10 hard disk hd camcorder to use for christmas as i could not find any stock in the us for the pmw-ex1 and the raw footage off the canon can only be played with nero showtime off the nero ultra 8 edition.

while the direct HDMI connected video from the canon hg10 to a large (>47" HDTV) looks great, the computer playback of the offloaded raw footage does not.

how is this with the sony pmw-ex1?

thanks again.

paul

nyc
My answers:
1. Yes you can. I just use the USB connection, and I feel 3 times faster than the playing time(for 35Mbps HQ mode).

2. Yes. I used VLC and the clip browser(bundle software). I feel no significant differnces of playing clips between HDTV and computer monitor (even with the Canon HV20). Maybe I guess it's something related to the monitor settings?? Or, almost every HDTV does sharpen, but PC monitor does not..I'm not sure.. I don't know... Anyway, My EX1 Raw footage looks nice and clean on my PC monitor too. Thanks.
Mooho Bae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 11:03 AM   #21
Major Player

woow mooho,

that is good news to hear the direct pmw-ex1's hdmi to hdtv result is the same as the offloaded raw footage to computer result.

i did not get this with canon hg10 as of yet. maybe it is that "sharpening" by hdtv you stated....

as for canon hv20....
i heard great things about that but i needed something to take recitals that can last over an hour and changing those hdv tapes during the event is not fun...

this is footage off my 3 year old sony hc1 and more recent hc3.
while my canon hg10 is already better. i look forward to my pmw-ex1 beong WAY better....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=8

Quote:
My answers:
1. Yes you can. I just use the USB connection, and I feel 3 times faster than the playing time(for 35Mbps HQ mode).

2. Yes. I used VLC and the clip browser(bundle software). I feel no significant differnces of playing clips between HDTV and computer monitor (even with the Canon HV20). Maybe I guess it's something related to the monitor settings?? Or, almost every HDTV does sharpen, but PC monitor does not..I'm not sure.. I don't know... Anyway, My EX1 Raw footage looks nice and clean on my PC monitor too. Thanks.
Paul Chiu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds