2nd free 8GB sxs by mail? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 11th, 2008, 05:49 PM   #46
Regular Crew

Hello from Germany

I ordered an EX1 and I am very sorry for that chaos regarding the free 8GB card. Well just wanted to let you know at least in Germany (don't know about rest of Europe) - I was told from my dealer - the second card will be delivered together with the EX1...

all the best
Rainer
Rainer Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 09:35 PM   #47
New Boot

Those of you who are in touch with B&H about the rebate runarounds: please keep us updated.

I pre-ordered my EX-1 in mid-October, applied for the free 8GB card, and just got the rejection email from Sony. When I emailed B&H about this, they had this to say:

"Our Answer: Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about it as the date of purchase was in October. We apologize for the inconvenience. "

If anyone else who pre-ordered from B&H comes up with a way to get the free card, please let the rest of us know. Any suggestions on who we should contact at Sony about this mess?
Taran Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2008, 12:26 AM   #48
Regular Crew

I will let you know what my contact at B&H says about this when he gets back to me.

I would recommend e-mailing both the rebate processor as well as Sony Professional Products (I think that's the division that the EX1 comes out of) and let them know what's going on as well as point out to them that the official Sony website *still* doesn't specify the SxS card offer start date.

mike
Old January 14th, 2008, 05:16 PM   #49
Regular Crew

Response from Sony

I just received a reply from Sony concerning the rebate fiasco for those of us that ordered our cameras before Nov 1st, 2007. Sony told me to contact the "Sony office" which is really their rebate processor, and e all know that the rebate processor only does what Sony tells them to do (and I did send several e-mails to the rebate processor as well, with no response yet). I wrote back to Sony to tell them that their rebate processor would only honor the dates that Sony told them were valid, and I asked this Sony rep to please try to help us with this rebate date issue.

As usual, Film at 11 ;-)

Quote:
Please contact the following Sony office for further assistance with
this offer (Promotion #: 070573B):

Sony Rebate Customer Service
Phone: (866) 881-1114
E-mail: sonycs@rebate-zone.com
www: http://www.rebate-zone.com/default.asp?PN=SY0012

I hope this information is helpful.

Mike Mortensen
SONY
Broadcast & Business Solutions Company
Product Operational Support Center (P.O.S.C.)
Phone: (800) 883-6817
Professional Services Website:
www.sony.com/professionalservices
ServicesPLUSsm
www.sony.com/servicesplus
mike
Old January 15th, 2008, 10:34 AM   #50
Regular Crew

After emailing and calling sony when they sent the first email saying my preorder date was too early for the rebate, I just received second email saying that my rebate is now validated.

"Thank you for your recent submission for the Sony 070573B - PMW-EX 1 SxS Memory Card Offer. We have received
your submission and it is valid. We are now processing your claim.
Please allow up to 8 weeks to receive your premium item.
If you would like to check the status of your claim online, please refer
to www.rebate-zone.com/SonyB2B. "
Brian Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 11:27 AM   #51
New Boot

I just got the same email from Sony; guess someone at Sony was able to straighten this out.
Taran Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 06:04 PM   #52
Major Player

Well.... even after getting the email on the 10th saying all is good, I just received this one today....

Dear CHRIS WITZKE:

Thank you for your recent submission for the 070573B - PMW-EX 1 SxS Memory Card Offer. We have reviewed
your claim and require additional information in order to process the claim:
The serial number submitted is not eligible for this rebate promotion.

Please submit the missing or corrected information, along with this email, to:
Sony Rewards Program
c/o Customer Care Department
PO Box 100517 - DDQ
White Bear Lake, MN 55110-0517
Your response must be postmarked no later than 02/14/2008, in order to
be eligible for this promotion. If you have questions regarding the status of
your rebate or the requirements for resubmission, please contact us at (866) 881-1114
between 8:00 A.M. and 7:00 P.M. Central Time, Monday through Friday. Please
allow 4-6 weeks to process your resubmission. To check the status of your
resubmitted claim, please visit www.rebate-zone.com/sonyb2b. Your Claim ID is ######.
If you have a membership on the website, just login to check the status of your claim.
Sincerely,
Sony Program Headquarters

Now... how could cutting out the UPC from the box, taping it on a sheet of paper, and including a copy of the receipt show an invalid serial number? So I called and the lady on the phone told me to take a photo of the serial number on the camera and mail it to them. I told her that I felt they were calling me a liar.... she put me on hold for 1/2 an hour and then told me they'd call me back..... nice touch the on hold for 1/2 hour.

I can only assume that they are trying to delay sending out these cards as long as they can.
Christopher Witz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 07:42 PM   #53
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Witzke View Post

Now... how could cutting out the UPC from the box, taping it on a sheet of paper, and including a copy of the receipt show an invalid serial number? So I called and the lady on the phone told me to take a photo of the serial number on the camera and mail it to them. I told her that I felt they were calling me a liar.... she put me on hold for 1/2 an hour and then told me they'd call me back..... nice touch the on hold for 1/2 hour.

I can only assume that they are trying to delay sending out these cards as long as they can.

Chris,

I got the same email today and was surprised to receive it! I called and asked if they had the info I sent to them and the person couldn't confirm one way or the other. I looked at the info I originally submitted and noticed that I had an apparent typo on the serial # I submitted in the pre-qualification form (entered all 0s and then the number, instead of "010..."), so figured it was my mistake. I read the serial # from my UPC label to the person I spoke to and she said she'd pass it on - I asked when I should check back to make sure they had it correct, and she said in about a week...

So, check the printout you sent them that is the copy of your pre-qualification form and compare the serial # to the UPC label and make sure they match - wonder if it was my mistake, or whether their web-based form processes the info incorrectly. Also, I just checked my camera and there is no '0' preceeding the '1' on the serial # shown on the camera itself.

this whole process could be a lot simpler

Brent

Last edited by Brent Ethington; January 15th, 2008 at 09:39 PM.
Brent Ethington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 07:45 PM   #54
Major Player

I have not yet gotten that email but I remember entering the extra zero.

I guess I'll be getting that email soon...
Eric Pascarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 08:59 PM   #55
Regular Crew

Sony, You're Full of Balogna

Well, my contact at B&H came through and put the Sony rep in contact with me. The rebate start date is now set to 10/15/07, which is before my order date. I'm not sure if my e-mail to B&H had anything to do with that or not ;-)

I then received an e-mail from the rebate processor stating that I am eligible for the rebate! Yeah! So, I trudged on over to the rebate processor's web site to check the status of my rebate and, to my horror, shock and annoyance, saw the dreaded "Invalid serial number" message.

Hmm... let's see, I sent in a copy of my receipt from B&H which had the EX1's serial number on it, I sent in the actual UPC panel from the EX1's box that had the serial number on it, so the only thing I can think of is that when I filled out my qualification form I mis-typed something, but I was pretty sure that I was very careful to check what I had typed against both the B&H receipt *and* the EX1's UPC panel.

Anyway, I am getting very annoyed at this rebate processor, and as a professional I feel that this is becoming a monumental waste of my time, and I am going to write Sony to let them know that their rebate processor needs to get a good whack with an EX1 shipping box ;-) and use some common sense on these things.

Unless of course the rebate processor employs inmates from the local maximum security prison facility to process the rebates.
Old January 15th, 2008, 09:37 PM   #56
Regular Crew

btw - I looked at my serial number identified on my B&H invoice and it's not even close (well, the last few numbers are) to what's on the UPC label and the actual camera. Maybe that's where I got serial # I punched into the web form from... (don't remember)

So, I have a serial # on the invoice, one from the web form, and one on the UPC label - all slightly different. Wonder which one they don't like? :-)
Old January 15th, 2008, 09:38 PM   #57
Regular Crew

Hi all

Got the same bs email. As someone posted earlier how could it be a unqualified serial. It came right off the box and is from an authorized dealer on the rebate site!

Since the "survey" wasn't all that detailed they could have just supplied the card in the box to begin with.
Very frustrating.

Chuck
Chuck Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 10:19 PM   #58
Regular Crew

Oh crap. After receiving an email from Sony last week that said all was well with my submission, I am now a victim of the dreaded "serial number submitted is not eligible for this rebate promotion" email. I followed their instructions to the T. I'm really pissed.
Bill Heslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 10:24 PM   #59
Regular Crew

I wonder what's really triggering this... No way can it just be a simple error on any of our submissions. I'll definitely call tomorrow and try to raise up to a level that can explain why the issue is being flagged. If anyone beats me to it, please report here for all to know

Brent
Old January 15th, 2008, 11:34 PM   #60
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Ethington View Post
btw - I looked at my serial number identified on my B&H invoice and it's not even close (well, the last few numbers are) to what's on the UPC label and the actual camera. Maybe that's where I got serial # I punched into the web form from... (don't remember)

So, I have a serial # on the invoice, one from the web form, and one on the UPC label - all slightly different. Wonder which one they don't like? :-)
The serial number for the camera is on the bottom of the camera. I think it's also 'in' the camera i.e. you can find it in the maintainance menu if all else fails. It should also be on the outside of the Sony shipping box but if your box has lots of stickers from the shipping company the silver sticker on the bottom of the camera is the place to make 100% certain you have the correct number.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds