DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   2nd free 8GB sxs by mail? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/109826-2nd-free-8gb-sxs-mail.html)

Robert Musiello December 9th, 2007 05:51 AM

2nd free 8GB sxs by mail?

Ok the camera comes with one 8gb sxs card...I was told that you get a second in the mail... is there a sony website to download the rebate?
When I called Sony they stated that they don't know of this and that as far as they know there is a $150.00 rebate and thats it...
B&H
Armatos
Abel
ect...
All of these dealers stated that you would get a second 8GB card by mail...I called Abel and they had no answer as of yet...

Daniel Weber December 9th, 2007 09:07 AM

There is a website that you are supposed to register your camera at, but it has gone live yet from what I can tell.

Daniel Weber

Robert Musiello December 9th, 2007 11:16 AM

ok thanks... found a link...

http://bssc.sel.sony.com/Broadcastan...xSsurvey.shtml

Now I just got to find out if the $150.00 rebate on the other link is also good..

Thanks
Bob

Michael Bender December 10th, 2007 08:32 PM

Sony/LA (US) can't register camera via telephone either

I called Sony in LA today (12/10/07) and asked about registering the PMW-EX1 and the SxS card offer. The Sony rep I spoke to tried to register my camera but even she couldn't find the model on her registration screen. She also said that even if I did register it via the phone today, I would still be eligible for the SxS card offer and any rebates Sony offers.

So, the net result as of today is that it is still not possible to register the camera via the web or via a call to Sony (in the US at least) and there is no more information concerning the survey to be able to get the free SxS card.

mike

Michael Bender December 10th, 2007 08:33 PM

$150.00 rebate?

p.s. Where did you find out about the $150.00 rebate?

p.p.s. B&H Photo couldn't tell me anything more about registration or the SxS card offer - they said to contact Sony.

Steven Thomas December 10th, 2007 08:34 PM

Yes, I spoke to Sony about this today.
They said they still don't have the registration for the EX1 ready yet, and that it should be soon.

This is REALLY prolonging the extra 8GB SxS card...............

Michael Bender December 10th, 2007 08:41 PM

Yeah, I know ;-( I didn't order an extra card so I only have one right now. Fortunately I'm just learning about the camera so it's not a big deal, I'm not using it on a job at the moment. Of course, having said that, something will come along tomorrow and I'll be unable to resist my urge to use the EX1 ;-)

Robert Musiello December 10th, 2007 10:13 PM

Ok was on the phone for about an hour with Sony...
The current rebate is here:
https://www.rebate-zone.com/SubmitTe...t&current=true
its $150.00..

Survey link..free card:
http://bssc.sel.sony.com/Broadcastan...xSsurvey.shtml

but when I showed here the survey rebate for the 2nd card.. she put me on hold for awhile.. when she came back she said that I should check the rebate zone in about a week.. it should be up.. so I asked what about the 150.00 rebate, should I do that now she said no because you can only get one...

One is a rebate and one is a survey... well I rather have the card... but something ain't right...

Michael Bender December 13th, 2007 06:36 PM

Sony EX1 SxS offer and survey

Sony's site says that the survey is coming on December 15th:

----

AFFORDABLE HD XL PROGRAM - XDCAM EX CAMCORDER

Online survey coming December 15, 2007– customers purchasing PMWEX1 from authorized resellers in USA from now until March 26th, 2008 will receive a second 8GB SxS card at no additional charge or cash equivalent by completing the online survey posted by Sony.

----

Paul Kendal December 13th, 2007 06:49 PM

----

Online survey coming December 15, 2007– customers purchasing PMWEX1 from authorized resellers in USA from now until March 26th, 2008 will receive a second 8GB SxS card at no additional charge or cash equivalent by completing the online survey posted by Sony.

----[/QUOTE]

I wonder how much the "cash equivalent" is?

I would rather put that money towards a 16gb card rather than have another 8gb card.

Brian Rhodes December 13th, 2007 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Kendal (Post 792108)
----

----

I wonder how much the "cash equivalent" is?

I would rather put that money towards a 16gb card rather than have another 8gb card.[/QUOTE]

I would not be surprised if it was $150.00 lol

Graeme Fullick December 14th, 2007 03:24 PM

This is strange. In Australia the second SxS card was just supplied with my camera - no questions asked (so to speak).

Robert Musiello December 16th, 2007 04:30 PM

ok still no "online survey"...
anyone on the forum have people at Sony that they can contact...

Brent Ethington December 17th, 2007 10:06 AM

The Survey is live now...

Winston Ashley December 17th, 2007 10:11 AM

I'm getting errors after I confirm my address. Anyone else get these?

Brent Ethington December 17th, 2007 10:13 AM

Yep - just got them too... Oh well

An error has occurred on the Rebate-Zone website.
The error has been reported and will be fixed as soon as possible.

Please click the 'Back' button and try the website again

Robert Musiello December 17th, 2007 10:42 AM

I'm getting errors

Bill Heslip December 17th, 2007 10:47 AM

Get this. If you were an early adopter, like me, and completed your purchase before December 1, 2007, Sony is NOT going to honor the free card promotion. This is a quote from an email I received from them this morning:

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Sony fulfillment.
Unfortunately the product must be purchased in time frame specified on offer (12/1/2007 - 3/31/2008). You would not be eligible for this promotion if it was purchased outside this time frame"

I called the number on the rebate form and spoke with a representative and his supervisor explaining the situation, but they would not relent. I am supposed to get a call from the next managerial level within 2 days.

This is unacceptable.

Robert Musiello December 17th, 2007 10:50 AM

The camera may be good but this is stupid...
Can't complain too much it is free... but you'd expect more from Sony...

Aldo Visaggio December 17th, 2007 10:51 AM

free 8 gig card

I bought an ex1 last week and in the box is a mail in form to fill out and send to sony for a free card. I live in Ottawa Canada.
Love the camera, been shooting tons and booking gigs for Jan and Feb already.I have two 16 gigs on order and I also bought the the LED light.
Aldo

Eric Pascarelli December 17th, 2007 10:53 AM

Aldo,

Have you checked for the vignetting problem?

Steven Thomas December 17th, 2007 11:03 AM

Hmm..
I'll be calling my dealer on this one.
They will have to post date my receipt by 10 days.
I was told about this extra card upon ordering the camera.

I find this VERY strange.

Aldo Visaggio December 17th, 2007 11:17 AM

I am not experiencing any vignetting problems, apparantly all Canadian cameras are being checked for this before they are shipped to customers. I checked right away and it looks good. You also get a battery charger in the box which was a nice unexpected surprise. I bought an additional sony battery ( the big one ). The LCD just blows me away with its definition and is so ACCURATE you can use for focus and color decisions. The lens is also sweet for manual focus and a real nice iris ring. I am so comfortable with this camera because it so closely resembles a larger betacam i used for years as far as manual control goes.
Aldo

Winston Ashley December 17th, 2007 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Heslip (Post 794079)
Get this. If you were an early adopter, like me, and completed your purchase before December 1, 2007, Sony is NOT going to honor the free card promotion. This is a quote from an email I received from them this morning:

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Sony fulfillment.
Unfortunately the product must be purchased in time frame specified on offer (12/1/2007 - 3/31/2008). You would not be eligible for this promotion if it was purchased outside this time frame"

I called the number on the rebate form and spoke with a representative and his supervisor explaining the situation, but they would not relent. I am supposed to get a call from the next managerial level within 2 days.

This is unacceptable.

That would be horrible! Keep us posted on the progress! I bought mine on Nov. 26th and my rep promised me a free 8 gig card. I am sure he would of told me to wait if it meant not getting it.

Bill Heslip December 17th, 2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Thomas (Post 794091)
Hmm..
I'll be calling my dealer on this one.
They will have to post date my receipt by 10 days.
I was told about this extra card upon ordering the camera.

I find this VERY strange.

Me too. I just got off the phone with the top tier supervisor and they are sticking to their guns. No exceptions. The number is 866-881-1114.

I think calling the dealer is the best option at this point.

Bill

Brent Ethington December 17th, 2007 12:35 PM

Lol! First, you get a camera that wouldn't pass QC, then they won't honor a promotion that's made even simpler if you don't buy it in the US... Gotta love being a Sony professional video product early adopter - Now, you know they don't treat their consumer customers this way... :-)

Robert Musiello December 17th, 2007 02:05 PM

who is the admin of this forum

Robert Musiello December 17th, 2007 02:13 PM

Hey Bill
This might be resolved...
I purchased my camera from B&H
I just got off the phone with B&H Sony Rep... I explained everthing to him and I explained the concerns of the dvinfo community...
He was very upset and stated that he would straighten it out... he called me back 10 min later left a voicemail and sent an email here is a copy of the email:

Hi Bob,

I just confirm with our marketing department that all purchases of PMW-EX1 until March 31, 2008 will be eligible for the second SxS card after completing the online survey, regardless if it was purchased in Oct or November. My marketing department is on the phone right now getting this fixed.

Thanks,
Jim

Also on the voicemail he states not to worry and to extend this to the dvinfo
community...

So this should work out ok.... I'm saving all communication...
Bob

Steven Thomas December 17th, 2007 02:27 PM

Bob thank you, and most important thank you to B&H Photo Video. These guys are great!

Eric Pascarelli December 17th, 2007 02:29 PM

My dealer said something similar, and is expects an official correspondence from Sony later today.

He said that the rebate people were probably not aware that some cameras were delivered before 1-Dec and are trained to follow the letter of the law when dealing with promotions.

Brent Ethington December 17th, 2007 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Musiello (Post 794247)
Hey Bill
I just got off the phone with B&H Sony Rep...

Great! Thanks Bob

Bill Heslip December 17th, 2007 03:20 PM

Thank you Bob for getting the fire started. My dealer was willing to post-date the invoice, but hopefully, that will not be necessary now.

Ray Bell December 17th, 2007 09:16 PM

Well you could just call the company you purchased it from, explain the situation... they issue an RMA number, then sell the camera back to you
at zero cost and you get a new invoice with the new date to send to Sony.

Or you just use white out and fix it yourself.. :-)

Thierry Humeau December 31st, 2007 02:46 PM

Has anyone in the U.S. received their complimentary 8GB SxS card yet? I sent the paper work with accompaigning materials about 2 weeks ago and have not got it yet.

Chris Forbes December 31st, 2007 03:47 PM

Rebate states 6-8 weeks for delivery I believe.

Michael Bender January 3rd, 2008 01:54 AM

I mailed in all the rebate materials on 12/17 via return receipt (so that I could get an acknowledgment that my materials were received). I received the confirmation card back saying that the rebate handlers had received my materials on 12/26. I called them on 12/31 and spoke to a very nice person who told me that even though they may have my materials in-house, it may take them several weeks to enter the info into the system so that the rebate could even be tracked. I didn't think to ask if that meant that it would then take an additional 6-8 weeks before I received the SxS card.

Michael Bender January 10th, 2008 04:47 PM

Rebate processor for SxS offer *still* not honoring early adoptors

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Musiello (Post 794247)
Hey Bill
I just got off the phone with B&H Sony Rep... I explained everthing to him and I explained the concerns of the dvinfo community...
He was very upset and stated that he would straighten it out... he called me back 10 min later left a voicemail and sent an email here is a copy of the email:

Hi Bob,

I just confirm with our marketing department that all purchases of PMW-EX1 until March 31, 2008 will be eligible for the second SxS card after completing the online survey, regardless if it was purchased in Oct or November. My marketing department is on the phone right now getting this fixed.

Thanks,
Jim

Also on the voicemail he states not to worry and to extend this to the dvinfo
community...

So this should work out ok.... I'm saving all communication...
Bob

I also purchased my EX1 from B&H before Dec 1st (but it was delivered on Dec 5th) and I just received a notice from the rebate processing company stating that I am ineligible for the SxS card rebate since my purchase was outside the dates of the offer. Who did you speak with at B&H? Apparently the rebate processor still hasn't gotten the word about this.

thanks,
mike

Eric Pascarelli January 10th, 2008 04:58 PM

I just got this email from Sony. I called them and was told that because I preordered the camera in OCTOBER, that I was ineligible. This after the Sony marketing department told me that ALL cameras purchased from introduction are eligible.

So they shifted the eligibility dates fo us early adopters, but only shifted them from Dec 1 to November 1. I am sure we will get this resolved, but it is immensely frustrating.

My dealer tells me he is working on it.

Dear ERIC PASCARELLI:

Thank you for your recent submission for the 070573B - PMW-EX 1 SxS Memory Card Offer. We have reviewed
your claim and require additional information in order to process the claim:

Purchase date on sales receipt does not fall within program dates.

Please submit the missing or corrected information, along with this email, to:
Sony Rewards Program
c/o Customer Care Department
PO Box 100517 - DDQ
White Bear Lake, MN 55110-0517
Your response must be postmarked no later than 02/09/2008, in order to
be eligible for this promotion. If you have questions regarding the status of
your rebate or the requirements for resubmission, please contact us at (866) 881-1114
between 8:00 A.M. and 7:00 P.M. Central Time, Monday through Friday. Please
allow 4-6 weeks to process your resubmission. To check the status of your
resubmitted claim, please visit www.rebate-zone.com/sonyb2b. Your Claim ID is 12345678.
If you have a membership on the website, just login to check the status of your claim.
Sincerely,
Sony Program Headquarters

Brian Jansen January 10th, 2008 05:24 PM

I just got the same email....

Michael Bender January 10th, 2008 05:32 PM

Smoking gun

I wrote to my contact at B&H to ask him to help straighten this out. I also sent an email to Sony's rebate processor stating that the official Sony web site said (in Oct 07) and still says to this day the following:

Quote:

Online survey – customers purchasing PMWEX1 from authorized
resellers in USA from now until March 31, 2008 will receive a
second 8GB SxS card at no additional charge or cash equivalent
by completing the online survey posted by Sony.
Note the wording: "from now until March 31, 2008". The official Sony site does not specify a starting date for this rebate offer.

I also wrote Sony's professional products division (via their web form) asking for their help in resolving this.