DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   EX1 in France (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/110154-ex1-france.html)

Sebastien Thomas December 13th, 2007 10:34 AM

EX1 in France

Hi,

I ordered the EX1 on the 3 of november in France, and still have no delay for delivery.
I was told only 10 EX1 were delivered for the whole France and the place I ordered received only 2 (I was the 3rd on the list...)

Do you have any information or contact at Sony who may be able to give some delay of delivery ?

Anyone if France already having one ?

Thanks.

Simon Duncan December 13th, 2007 11:48 AM

Hi Sebastien,

Company I do some work have are supposed to be picking one up on the 20th of December at EV Corporate in Paris.

But I believe that they only had 10 in their 1st shipment which have all been allocated. But you could try contacting them and see what the situation is.

Sebastien Thomas December 13th, 2007 12:00 PM

The girl dealing with that is already gone. I'll call them tomorrow. It would be really strange to me if they do receive EX1 as 3 of the biggest resellers in Paris only had 10 in total by now....

I just would like Sony to give a delay, even if it's mid-january. For now it's like nobody knows when the stocks will arrived. The guy from one of the 3 dealers said : "this camera is not released yet, people from europe saying they have one must be lying, or they are one of the 10 EX1 delivered per country".

Hope Sony will finaly give an answer soon.

Steven Thomas December 13th, 2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastien Thomas (Post 791870)
guy from one of the 3 dealers said : "this camera is not released yet, people from europe saying they have one must be lying, or they are one of the 10 EX1 delivered per country".

LOL, now that's funny.
I must of been dreaming for two weeks now. I received mine on 11/28/07.
Why would a dealer say something so ridiculous!

Oleg Kalyan December 13th, 2007 12:24 PM

What is the price like in Paris?

Simon Duncan December 13th, 2007 12:35 PM

I think the company got it for 6500 Euros. But they also bought a 24 inch Sony HD Monitor of them too for around 5500 Euros.

Sebastien Thomas December 13th, 2007 01:18 PM

the price is around 5300 euros without taxes. This goes to 6500 with taxes which means around 9500$ with taxes.

This is a lot more expensive than in the US though....

Sebastien Thomas December 20th, 2007 07:55 AM

Sorry to come back with this, but French Sony dealers don't have any information on the schedule for the next batch of camera (after the too few 10 first).
Do somehave have more informations or a Sony contact who may be of some help ?
I ordered mine on early November and need some date to plan my next shoot.

Thanks.

Sebastien Thomas December 20th, 2007 12:44 PM

I did call my dealer today, and he got the camera (2 of them) today. I'll pick it up tomorrow.
French guys, it's finaly comming !!!

Mouayed Zabtia December 21st, 2007 05:49 AM

Call AV2P in Paris look like have it!

Alessandro Zumstein December 21st, 2007 05:06 PM

EX1 in Switzerland

Aviablility in the middle of February!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!