Trigger / Shoulder Brace for EX - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 18th, 2007, 12:43 AM   #16
Trustee

I use the Bogen 680B monopod and the 3232 head. I often have a Marshall mounted to the top of my HVX (that mount is another story) with a Panasonic battery. and the weight is OK.

Yes it is really cool to be able to hold the camera over your head. I worked on the Barry bonds "reality " show last year and could get an overhead shot at press conferences that only a gorilla could have pushed his way into.
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 07:08 AM   #17
Telecam Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Levy View Post
I use the Bogen 680B monopod and the 3232 head. I often have a Marshall mounted to the top of my HVX (that mount is another story) with a Panasonic battery. and the weight is OK.

Yes it is really cool to be able to hold the camera over your head. I worked on the Barry bonds "reality " show last year and could get an overhead shot at press conferences that only a gorilla could have pushed his way into.
Yes, but not that practical or walking/tracking shots...
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 10:30 AM   #18
Trustee

What's not practical for walking shots?

It is braced in my fanny pack and sits out in front of me where I really can focus on the flip out viewfinder by the way ( I don't want that any closer to my face at all). Its very easy for tracking or walking and might even absorb a bit more bounce than my shoulder. Plus i can vary the height while shooting - even grab it and go low easily.

All the shoulder rigs I've tried lock you into one position.

Lenny levy
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 12:42 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Another Mulit Rig user

Thierry,
You can borrow my Multi Rig Pro and play with it. I've got a sachtler QR assembly on it so I can remove cameras quickly . MR works well with all the smallish cameras - I use it on HVX and HDV cameras. very versatile and folds flat for easy storage. The spring-loaded shock absorber stick that attaches to your belt works really well for all day handheld shooting.
Originally, I was attracted to MR because when collapsed on bottom of camera it could still be attached to my tripod w/o removing MR. very cool.
Unfortunately, I found it to be a little unstable when used on tripod this way. It jiggles just a little bit, not as rock steady as I wanted. Not a deal breaker as I can still quick release camera from MR and attach to Sachtler .
Big plus is that the rig folds up very compactly for easy storage/transport.

I'd be curious to see the EX camera on my multi rig. EX is so unbalanced for protracted handheld work, it needs something.

chris/bethesda MD
Chris Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 03:14 PM   #20
Telecam Films

Hi Chris,

Nice to see you here neighbor!!! Sure, I'd love to bring in the EX to try it on your rig. I am out for a few days but will be back on the 29th. Will call you then. I did received the 800S shoulder brace from video innovators and as simple as this thing is, it actually do a fairly good job.
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2007, 09:28 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Chris
Please post the results of your findings. I plan to use the EX on my multirig and your observations will be most helpful.
D Kane
Dennis Kane is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds