DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Sony EX 1 availability in Asia (/ Asia sponsors?) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/110484-sony-ex-1-availability-asia-asia-sponsors.html)

Michael MK Siu December 17th, 2007 10:36 PM

Sony EX 1 availability in Asia (/ Asia sponsors?)

I am wondering if anyone has updates re the EX-1's availability in Asia (specifically in Hong Kong).

Or, perhaps better yet, is there a Hong Kong / Asia sponsor for DVinfo that I can contact directly?

Thank you!

Yours, Michael
---
[www.dvshortfilms.com]
[www.mksiu.com]

Chris Hurd December 17th, 2007 11:06 PM

Sorry, I don't yet have a site sponsor catering specifically to the Asian market. (however B&H ships worldwide). I would like to find one very good, highly reputable dealer from that part of the world to whom this site can refer all such inquiries.

Michael MK Siu December 18th, 2007 01:56 AM

Dear Chris,

Thank you for the reply and info re B&H's shipping practice. I think I will continue to try and locate a local dealer before resorting to having a unit shipped to me from overseas.

Perhaps if I am able to find a good enough dealer, they can be introduced to you, and maybe eventually their contacts can be made available to other members of this great site.

Thank you again.

Yours, Michael MK Siu
---
[www.dvshortfilms.com]
[www.mksiu.com]

Tuomas Sebastien December 18th, 2007 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd (Post 794505)
however B&H ships worldwide

However, on question being placed on Sony related forum, B&H doesn't ship worldwide since Sony has forbid them to ship their products on other commercial zones.

Graeme Fullick December 18th, 2007 04:13 PM

Michael,

Expandore ships from Singapore - and are very reputable. I have bought equipment from them and they have been excellent.

Not HK I know, but much closer.

Carlos Moreira December 18th, 2007 05:28 PM

BH isnīt allowed to ship to europe, I guess to protect the overpriced EX-1 offers here. But Expandore seems to do - but I doesnt know for shure.

Carlos Moreira December 18th, 2007 05:49 PM

I checked Expandore right now - the basic price is good BUT:

Total ( exclusive of courier service charges , door to door and insurance ) : Euro 4,760.00
Courier Service Charges , Door to Door : Euro 84.30
Insurance : Euro 31.50
Order Processing Fees : Euro 176.84
Total ( inclusive of courier service charges , door to door and insurance ) : Euro 5,052.00
:-(

Zsolt Gordos December 19th, 2007 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos Moreira (Post 794961)
I checked Expandore right now - the basic price is good BUT:

Total ( exclusive of courier service charges , door to door and insurance ) : Euro 4,760.00
Courier Service Charges , Door to Door : Euro 84.30
Insurance : Euro 31.50
Order Processing Fees : Euro 176.84
Total ( inclusive of courier service charges , door to door and insurance ) : Euro 5,052.00
:-(

Come on Carlos. Singapore Airlines has a flight to Barcelona via Milano. You take the plane, visit Singapore, have fun, buy the cam and still better off vs paying bloody EU prices and the VAT rip off.