Great camera, but white balance button... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 20th, 2007, 01:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Great camera, but white balance button...

I've shot two days this week with my EX-1 and I'm delighted with the images the camera makes and the workflow and may even buy another one. There is one thing - shooting outside, wearing gloves, I twice accidently bumped the white balance button while riding the iris. In many years of shooting with many different cameras I have never done that before. All it takes is the slightest pressure to trigger the button. I hope Sony will include a function to simply disable that button (I think you can already assign WB to one of the user-programmable buttons) in the next firmware update.

John
John Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2007, 11:43 PM   #2
Major Player

Yep, it's going to take a while to get in the habit of "index finger only" iris control. Otherwise, that WB button is right behind the thumb, and too easy to hit.

On the other hand, the one-push WB function is a welcome upgrade from the WB dance required by the Z1!
Bill Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2007, 01:10 AM   #3
Major Player

I actually find it hard to find the white balance button when I try to - I end up pushing the shutter switch instead to no avail.
Eric Pascarelli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds