HQ 35Mbit to Avid fast import - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 3rd, 2008, 07:47 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Ola - are you editing 1080p material in MC on a 3.2 P4 machine? Is the performance ok in terms moving around in the timeline and playback etc? I was expecting I'd need to upgrade my system to handle material from the EX.
Mike Paterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 04:39 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Paterson View Post
Ola - are you editing 1080p material in MC on a 3.2 P4 machine? Is the performance ok in terms moving around in the timeline and playback etc? I was expecting I'd need to upgrade my system to handle material from the EX.
Actually - no! Parts for my new Core 2 duo 3.0 MHz, 4 Gig RAM etc etc will arrive today. :-)
It is possible however to edit 1080p with my old computer, especially using the DNxHD-codec. HDV takes more power since it is long gop i assume. If you are in the green/yellow-mode it works well. But still - for real work I recommend a faster computer.
Ola Christoffersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 05:42 AM   #18
Major Player

I have been using Brads XDCAM EX to Avid application with my 1080p-material for a while now and it works great. Although slow! While waiting for Avid to complete support for HQ-modes I would like an equally easy way to import 720p-footage.

Any news on updates of Brads utility? I have tried to find a way to contact him and ask without success. Andreas - any news?

/ola
Ola Christoffersson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds