Lens diameter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 31st, 2007, 04:15 AM   #1
Major Player

Lens diameter

Hopefully a quick question. Can someone measure the diameter of the lens housing on the EX?

I have a really nice old Petroff matte box and im wondering whether i can get away with that rather than a new one, it depends how big the physical lens is!

thanks in advance
paul
Paul Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 06:30 AM   #2
Trustee

93.5mm by my vernier. That's the diameter of the barrel between the focus ring and the bayonet mount. You might be able to get a threaded adaptor that screws into the 77mm thread on the lens itself though.
The other issue to watch out for is the LCD fouling the top of the matte box when you try to close it. I see at least one matte box vendor (Cavision) releasing a unit specifically for the EX1.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 08:40 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Bob, at least that lets me know that the matte box will be a little too small (it's for 16mm film cameras im assuming). I suspect the filters aren't big enough either (4x3) whereas i have 4x4.

Any good matte box recommendations? Anyone use one of the newer petroff versions?

thanks
paul
Paul Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 11:20 AM   #4
Sponsor: Schneider Optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Curtis View Post
Thanks Bob, at least that lets me know that the matte box will be a little too small (it's for 16mm film cameras im assuming). I suspect the filters aren't big enough either (4x3) whereas i have 4x4.

Any good matte box recommendations? Anyone use one of the newer petroff versions?

thanks
paul

We have yet to change the website to reflect that this fits the EX1 beautifully. Matte Box:

http://www.schneideroptics.com/ecomm...=1390&IID=2065

4x4 Filters for Matte Box:

http://www.schneideroptics.com/Ecomm....aspx?CID=1431

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics
Ryan Avery is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds