Sony EX1 - Image Stabilizer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 1st, 2008, 12:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony EX1 - Image Stabilizer

Out of curiosity, is there anyone else that gets the feeling that the image stabilizer on this cam is not all that great? Honestly it might just be me and perhaps I'm just not as smooth handed as I thought I was. Keeping in mind that this is my first Sony cam having gone through all phases of the Canon XL series and then the A1 before the EX1 convinced me to jump ship. I actually found myself checking the camera to make sure it was on after I got home and was glancing at some footage I had shot around town. With the Canon I could tell when the IS was off or when I was shooting with the 3x lens and it wasn't available. But when it was on with the Canon I was always pretty happy, and considering the XL2 had a 20x lens thats pretty impressive.

Wondering if I'm the only one on this.

- Ray
Old January 1st, 2008, 02:24 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Yes, image stabilization seems to be of the less aggressive sort with Sony cameras. Having used it with the VX-1000 and a PD-150, the EX1 is comparable in this regard. It would be cool if you could dial-in a stronger stabilization mode.
Bill Heslip is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds