Unable to convert files to Mac OS at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 12th, 2008, 09:16 PM   #1
New Boot

Unable to convert files to Mac OS

I just got my new EX1 using the clip browser and I don't understand the instructions, poorly translated from japanese the english and spanish version are completely different.
Using Mac OS 10.411 on Mac Book pro and FCP 6.0
Can someone explain me how to load them into FCP?

thanks in advance
Boris Sucre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2008, 09:52 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Update to FCP 6.0.2.
Download
XDCAM Transfer Plug-in for Final Cut Pro (MAC) 2.1
It's called XDCAM XFER V2.10 (PDW-U1,EX)
https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-software.aspx#

Search for XDCAM

Sony makes it really HARD to find. That's for sure.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 10:54 AM   #3
New Boot

I upgraded to 6.02 but it didn't recognized my serial number, put it back and nothing, it kept saying that the number is not correct, I'm rigth now downloading the software as I write this, XD CAM Transfer
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:08 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Sucre View Post
I upgraded to 6.02 but it didn't recognized my serial number, put it back and nothing, it kept saying that the number is not correct, I'm rigth now downloading the software as I write this, XD CAM Transfer
Hi Boris, sorry to ask this but is your FCP legit? If it isn't the mac update will knock it out.

Always buy legit software. Though I am sure yours is.
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:15 AM   #5
New Boot

Yes it is legit, I register it in a Mac Pro, but the update I did was in a Mac Book Pro, both are my machines, I only has a 8Gig sxs, the others hasn't been delivered from the dealer, so I had to install int the laptop so I could transfer the footage on location, but I ended using my other camera a JVC HD200, because of the issue with the transfer software.
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:16 AM   #6
Inner Circle

BTW the Sony XDCAM transfer tool can work independent of FCP. It works as a stand alone app as well as an FCP plugin. You still won't be able to view the video in FCP though because the codec for the EX1 is part of the FCP 6.0.2 update.
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:24 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Did you install the SxS driver?

I've used the Transfer software on both my Dual G5 and my Intel Mac Mini. It works fine. Sony Clip Browser is Intel only.

I can plug the camera into either of the above without any problem at all.

If you have FCP on two computers and they're on a network you may very well have problems updating due to having a single license.

There's no reason I can think of otherwise for it to "not recognize the serial number."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Sucre View Post
Yes it is legit, I register it in a Mac Pro, but the update I did was in a Mac Book Pro, both are my machines, I only has a 8Gig sxs, the others hasn't been delivered from the dealer, so I had to install int the laptop so I could transfer the footage on location, but I ended using my other camera a JVC HD200, because of the issue with the transfer software.
Old January 14th, 2008, 02:29 PM   #8
New Boot

I downloaded the aplication XDCam Transfer and Now I can recognize the files and video on the MacBook Pro running FCP 6.0 in Tiger but not in the Mac Pro, running Leopard and FCP 6.0, in Leopard software update hasn't ask me for the update to 6.02. It doesn't show any set up for the XDCAM EX only for the XDCAM HD.
Old January 14th, 2008, 02:35 PM   #9
Inner Circle

6.0.2 has easy setups for EX and has the appropriate codec. If you don't see it you're not looking in the right place. You MUST have 6.0.2 to have the EX variant of the XDCAM codec.

As the Nike ads say (here in the USA only?) JUST DO IT.
Old January 15th, 2008, 06:49 PM   #10
New Boot

OK Now everything is working, thanks to all.
Boris Sucre is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds