EX1 fast motion test footage please... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 23rd, 2008, 03:18 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Thanks for the positive feedback! I shot 720P 24 at 60fps. It was pretty overcast and gray. I had set up PP1 to specs I got off the forum.

Matrix High sat, level+25
WB preset 5600
Gamma 0. CINE4
Black -5
Low ket SAT +15

I am new to the world of PP settings so I really appreciate the threads and the people sharing knowledge.

I do not have and extender yet so no on that, manual focus yes. I shot some surfing this morning and played with the auto focus with mixed results. I need to look at it on my monitor to see if AF will be good enough for shooting action events where I am shifting from rider to rider all the time.

Having stepped up from the DV world I am enjoying having a manual lens.

Dasher
Charles Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 03:46 PM   #17
Major Player

Thx Charles.

the 720p60 really helps with the SloMo shots. It's the one option that really has made up my mind on this camera.

I shoot lots of action shots and to see the slo-motion shots holding up that nicely is very pleasing to the eyes.

Thanks for the info on your settings.

Brad
Brad Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:11 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Dasher View Post
Thanks for the positive feedback! I shot 720P 24 at 60fps. It was pretty overcast and gray. I had set up PP1 to specs I got off the forum.

Matrix High sat, level+25
WB preset 5600
Gamma 0. CINE4
Black -5
Low ket SAT +15

I am new to the world of PP settings so I really appreciate the threads and the people sharing knowledge.

I do not have and extender yet so no on that, manual focus yes. I shot some surfing this morning and played with the auto focus with mixed results. I need to look at it on my monitor to see if AF will be good enough for shooting action events where I am shifting from rider to rider all the time.

Having stepped up from the DV world I am enjoying having a manual lens.

Dasher

thanks from my previous experience autofocus is a bit of nightmare for sports - it seems to work only in the centre - i thought you used manual focus but wanted to check.

I intend to shoot using 720/50p (pal land here ;) )

Nice PP settings - where are they on here ? -edit - stupid question! i looked and can see them now...

thanks again!

Last edited by Brendan Pyatt; January 23rd, 2008 at 06:02 PM.
Brendan Pyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2008, 01:19 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Rallycross:

http://www.palsomedia.com/rallycross
Bernard Racelis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds