Back Up for EX1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 23rd, 2008, 11:47 AM   #1
Major Player

Back Up for EX1?

I realize much has been said about the Z7U's ability to write to HDV tape and cards at the same time and the comfort factor of having it future stored on tape, etc. I guess my question is , can the EX1 output via firwire, etc directly to an HDV deck so that at least there is an HDV copy of the cards info? This would almost eliminate archive concerns on the HDV level.
Best, Craig
Craig Hollenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:41 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Hollenback View Post
I realize much has been said about the Z7U's ability to write to HDV tape and cards at the same time and the comfort factor of having it future stored on tape, etc. I guess my question is , can the EX1 output via firwire, etc directly to an HDV deck so that at least there is an HDV copy of the cards info? This would almost eliminate archive concerns on the HDV level.
Best, Craig
I have not tried it but it should be able to output HDV through firewire - both "live" and playback from card. However, this would only work for HDV-resolutions. Not for 35 Mbit-qualities.

/ola
Ola Christoffersson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds