DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Card Rebate - how to remove bar code stickers (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/113370-card-rebate-how-remove-bar-code-stickers.html)

Leonard Levy January 27th, 2008 10:34 PM

Card Rebate - how to remove bar code stickers

How did you guys remove the bar code stickers from your Box. It is the sticker off the outside of the box isn't it? Does this mean I have to destroy the usefull shipping box just to mail them their stupid bar code?

The whole rebate business just really makes you hate Sony. Treat us as professionals please! Was this rebate supposed to be good PR?

I feel like I'm apply to Publishers sweepstakes.

Lenny Levy

Daniel Weber January 27th, 2008 10:57 PM

yeah you have to cut the box.

I had to do the same thing with my JVC HD100.

Kind of sucks.

The rebate process seems to be quicker now.

Daniel Weber

Bill Heslip January 27th, 2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonard Levy (Post 815653)
How did you guys remove the bar code stickers from your Box. It is the sticker off the outside of the box isn't it? Does this mean I have to destroy the usefull shipping box just to mail them their stupid bar code?

The whole rebate business just really makes you hate Sony. Treat us as professionals please! Was this rebate supposed to be good PR?

I feel like I'm apply to Publishers sweepstakes.

Lenny Levy

Nah. Use an exacto knife to cut just a little way into the cardboard all the way around, then peal off the outer layer of cardboard with the sticker. Box and sticker still in tact.

Paul Dhadialla January 28th, 2008 05:17 AM

Hello
Are you guys talking about the free 8 gb card or some other rebate?

My instructions said send back a copy of the receipt and fill in the form - nothing about a bar code / sticker.

I still have my form here (sending this week) so it's not to late - just wanted to make sure :)

Paul

Leonard Levy January 28th, 2008 11:19 AM

Read it carefully, it asks for the stupid sticker. Its insulting frankly.

I tried the exacto knif method so i still have my box though its been damaged.

Thanks for the suggestion Bill.

I want to be able to ship it in for repairs if my back-focus goes out god forbid!

lenny

Paul Dhadialla January 28th, 2008 11:41 AM

Ah,

In Canada it is different I think. My box has a sticker on it with a picture of the camera , a card, plus a card case and some tiny photos at the top but we don't need that.

The dealers also give you a post card version of that sticker which has space at the back to fill in your name, address, email, serial number etc.

It says:
Complete this coupon and mail it together with a photocopy of proof of purchase of a qualifying Sony XDCAM EX / SXS from an authorized participating Sony of Canada reseller or retailer and mail to: blah blah blah

So I've copied my receipt and sending the postcard (same as sticker) along

No mention of anything else
Thanks
Paul

Justin Carlson January 28th, 2008 11:50 AM

Paul, glad you mentioned that.
I was beginning to doubt my reading skills and thought that I messed up on the UPC sticker. *fewf*