other battery band than sony for EX1 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 27th, 2008, 11:08 AM   #31
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Dolgin View Post
I do not think we will see too many 3d party U60 generic batteries, as whoever tries to make them, have to crack Sony' communication code, which is frustrating and time consuming. Without it done the camera will not turn on.
Sorry to ask, but did you tried that ?
I don't understand why the camera would not start if it does not have the 'part' that gives information on the battery.
Maybe it will just work, with empty informations ?

Whatever, another solution would be to have "false" batteries, going it the battery place, with a cable to be plugged in the power cord plug ?

If you don't mind having a big battery on the floor (or at your belt), check what I did on my blog. You can even have bigger batteries for whatever you want.

http://www.lecentre.net/blog

Cheers.
Sebastien Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2008, 11:20 AM   #32
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastien Thomas View Post
Sorry to ask, but did you tried that ?
I don't understand why the camera would not start if it does not have the 'part' that gives information on the battery.
Maybe it will just work, with empty informations ?

Whatever, another solution would be to have "false" batteries, going it the battery place, with a cable to be plugged in the power cord plug ?

If you don't mind having a big battery on the floor (or at your belt), check what I did on my blog. You can even have bigger batteries for whatever you want.

http://www.lecentre.net/blog

Cheers.
You are thinking from the technical point of view, instead of business angle. Have you heard of some inkjet printer companies that design their printers not to accept generic cartridges?
As far as the 12V DC input, I heard that Anton Bauer is getting ready their external battery solution.
http://www.dolgin.net
Alex Dolgin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds