abrupt highlights clipping - Page 24 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 28th, 2009, 05:03 AM   #346
Inner Circle

Probably many of you guys have already find out that simply turning KNEE AUTO off (even while leaving it at the default 90%, with a possibility to tweak it further should need be) - allows to get rid of the "abrupt highlights clipping" artifacts discussed in this thread.

FWIW...
Old February 22nd, 2011, 09:41 AM   #347
Inner Circle

Re: abrupt highlights clipping

A very old thread of mine, revived :)

But don't you worry - no ranting this time. Just to add what others may have noticed in the meantime:

- the blueish glow behind the tree branches when shot backlit can be intimidated not just by using a CINE gamma or special Knee settings in STD gammas (for better roll-off), but also by adopting a warmer overall color temperature...

The below grabs show the idea (the effect has been exaggerated to make what I mean obvious).

HTH

Piotr

PS: Sorry - those grabs here lack contrast for some reason - is it how DVInfo handles them, or what? Anyway, the way they're rendered denies my point completely; those interested please download them and add some contrast to see what I mean :)
Attached Thumbnails
abrupt highlights clipping-cold.jpg   abrupt highlights clipping-warm.jpg  

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds