ex1 in wedding hall - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 8th, 2008, 10:48 PM   #16
Regular Crew

i know pd170 is best for low light, the ex1 is even better and cleaner at low light, but my posted demo focus on a different issu, the issu about CCD when pointing at direct light bulbs! the ex1 capture the entire frame perfect! the lights are there, the shadow is there, and the dark is there too, in other word, in my demo, there are many different lightings, and no storng light is taiking over.
Old March 8th, 2008, 10:52 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Seah View Post
Hi. How do u manage the lack of memory issue? I think the SxS last a tag to short right? U have a on site laptop to do the transfer I guess?
yes I got 2 8gig, and 1 16gig and a macbook pro
Old March 9th, 2008, 11:22 AM   #18
Trustee

wow nice setup!
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 11:44 AM   #19
Regular Crew

[QUOTE=Joel
I added +10 sharpness IN compressor
THAT’S IT!

The EX-1 rocks!
Enjoy[/QUOTE]

where do you fins the sharpness parameter, do you mean sharpen edge (0-100) under the filters tab of compressor settings?
Adam Forgione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 04:53 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Yes sir! And that little trick a learned from one the Thread's at this forum, I forgot the name. I can spend some time searching it if needed, that Thread is a good to know for a ex1 user
Old March 9th, 2008, 05:01 PM   #21
Regular Crew

I found the thread!

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...d=1#post816158

`````````````````````
herre is a 'cut' fom the above thread about adding sharpnes:

...Right... last week I got to play with an EX-1 and on Saturday I worked on a way to make downconverted footage look as good as a high end DSR-450 with a lens that cost $18k.

The SD sequence in FCP needed to be set to progressive by selecting the Sequence Properties and setting field dominance to 'none' in the first tab. In the second tab, set everything to render in extended 10 bit, best quality rescale (in other words, turn everything up to '11'). Finally, apply a 10% sharpen to the whole sequence (assuming you've turned detail off whilst shooting). That adds the zing and makes the built in lens look like a $12000 lens when downconverted.

Just dumping EX-1 footage into a raw DV timeline was distinctly 'bleah'. The above method sat well with DSR-450 material that was being sent to me. I'm sold on it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds