Problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 11th, 2008, 04:14 PM   #1
Major Player

Problems

Is this EX having these many issues, it seems like it's a never ending list of whats wrong with this camera, I would like one but, I am going to wait
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 06:10 PM   #2
Major Player

I think if you look at many of the forums from the beginning of each model you will see users discovering the quarks and problems. I would say you will be no better off buying the next new model by Canon, Panasonic, JVC, etc. That said, if Sony releases an "A" revision then sure it should take care of some things, but I would say there are also many VERY happy customers.
Benjamin Eckstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 09:15 PM   #3
Major Player

I've seen some incredible stuff and then again some not so good, maybe just a new model, same thing with vegas 8 alot of little things
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 09:46 PM   #4
Major Player

People who have "issues" come to a place like this. People who like to help people who have "issues" come to a place like this. So the many problems discussed here is not representative. Judging from the reported serial numbers Sony seems to have sold at least 5000 of these units and I'm sure nearly all of those owners never had an issue at all.
Michael H. Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 09:51 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael H. Stevens View Post
People who have "issues" come to a place like this. People who like to help people who have "issues" come to a place like this. So the many problems discussed here is not representative. Judging from the reported serial numbers Sony seems to have sold at least 5000 of these units and I'm sure nearly all of those owners never had an issue at all.
Either you meant to be sarcastic or you mistyped. :-)
Benjamin Eckstein is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds