Interviews with heavy post-processing - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 20th, 2008, 06:05 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Ola, curious what critique you have of your own work 720p version?

Back in the days when I worked at big production houses we'd often pull someone in from the hall to get a second opinion. Sometimes we are more critical of our own work then we need to be.

I'm always curious how you got the cutaways (close ups of hands, etc) with just one camera. I never seem to get cooperative subjects. Always in a hurry and I sometimes don't get those stealth moments.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 08:09 PM   #17
New Boot

I did not download 1080 file,but the 720 one is amazing.
the colours and fine detail blow me away, the 3 dimentional b/w photo montage work looks cool,i have seen the bbc do this type of stuff.looks very professional,
thanks for posting
Mike Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 08:14 PM   #18
Regular Crew

You've saved my *&^!

This stuff looks spectacular! I will be traveling to Berlin in a couple of weeks, interviewing several really old men. I was worried that they wouldn't be terribly interesting visually, and now you've proven that they can!

Great job.
Steven D. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 10:45 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Maybe this is a silly question but why are people using Magic Bullet instead of Apple Color?

While I've only been able to get the first 8 seconds of the 1080p version I can see the difference the color correction makes and it's enormous.

I'm curious why it appears so many EX1/FCP users are using Magic Bullet over Color?
Old February 21st, 2008, 11:01 AM   #20
Major Player

SORRY FOR MESSING WITH THE DOWNLOADS. I AM NOW CHANGING BACK TO THE ORIGINAL DOWNLOAD LINKS.

http://kamrat.tv/video/Hammarpilot1080p.wmv

http://kamrat.tv/video/Hammarpilot720Pfix.wmv

Files are on their way right now and will be up shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Seeman View Post
Maybe this is a silly question but why are people using Magic Bullet instead of Apple Color?

While I've only been able to get the first 8 seconds of the 1080p version I can see the difference the color correction makes and it's enormous.

I'm curious why it appears so many EX1/FCP users are using Magic Bullet over Color?
I actually used a combination of the TrueColour2-picture profile, colour grading in Avid and vinjetting in After Effects.
Ola Christoffersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 11:24 AM   #21
Major Player

Ola, these are really beautiful composed shots! Thanks a lot for sharing.
What I liked most: How did you manage to slightly defocus the image parts around your main subjects? (Looks like it was done in post, using masks.)
Old February 21st, 2008, 12:13 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Still getting only the first few seconds of 1080p (12.2MB). I'd love to do a before/after comparison.
Old February 21st, 2008, 12:16 PM   #23
Major Player

Yes, the same here.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 03:26 AM   #24
Major Player

Again - I am sorry for all the trouble. This morning I finally uploaded the clips again. They moved me to anonther server when I changed accounts and I think the move happened while I was uploading yesterday.

The files should be complete now. Please confirm that you are getting them.
Ola Christoffersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 03:48 AM   #25
Major Player

Thanks, Ola.
How did you manage to defocus the image parts around your main subjects? Looks beautiful.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds