Audio pops from .mxf in Vegas Video 8.0 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 20th, 2008, 09:00 PM   #31
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert St-Onge View Post
I have an EX1 and I also have the audio problem in Sony Vegas Pro 8.0b when shooting at 720 60P.
I have installed the 8.0c version and now the problem is worst, no more usable audio, all I can hear are glitches.

I contacted Sony Vegas support, they sent me an mxfplug folder to replace the old one, but it doesn't work and Vegas crashes. So at this point I am waiting for a fix from Sony.

-Un-install clip broswer 2.0
-Install clip broswer 1.01
-Convert your clips to MXF using clip browser 1.01

This should fix the problem
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 10:48 AM   #32
Major Player

That, and the MXF patch totally worked for me. Thanks, Brian for your help on this. I just shot a soccer game and it was great to be able to use some real slow motion and maintain fluid video. Also, I lowered most of the audio but used the sound of the kick played back in real time, just shifted to match the shot. Audio was clean, effect was effective. I really enjoy shooting 720 60p!
Old September 21st, 2008, 12:08 PM   #33
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted OMalley View Post
That, and the MXF patch totally worked for me. Thanks, Brian for your help on this. I just shot a soccer game and it was great to be able to use some real slow motion and maintain fluid video. Also, I lowered most of the audio but used the sound of the kick played back in real time, just shifted to match the shot. Audio was clean, effect was effective. I really enjoy shooting 720 60p!
No problem... If you are using Sony Vegas 8c update you do not need to apply the patch.
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 02:22 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Thanks Brian, it works!!! And thanks also for the Sony XDCAM Viewer PDZ-Vx10 version 2.11 also. That is really great!

So the problem is in the Sony clip browser 2 and Vegas. Strange, two Sony apps.
At some point I believed it was the camera, then the browser and then Vegas.
So I will stick to Browser 1.01 which is faster than version 2 until it gets fixed.

Much appreciated Brian!
Robert St-Onge is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds