Zoom extenders? at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PMW-300, PXW-X200, PXW-X180 (back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 28th, 2008, 09:38 AM   #1
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southampton UK
Posts: 165
Zoom extenders?

Any news on when one is going to be released??

EX1 was out sometime ago but still only Schneider is offering one - any formal release dates on that?

My EX1 is just sitting here :( It's no use to me with out an extender...
Brendan Pyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2008, 10:23 AM   #2
Sponsor: Schneider Optics
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Pyatt View Post
Any news on when one is going to be released??

EX1 was out sometime ago but still only Schneider is offering one - any formal release dates on that?

My EX1 is just sitting here :( It's no use to me with out an extender...
Brenden,

We will have the 1.6x tele-converters available some time in late March or early April. I would order one now from a dealer if you want to get one of the first batch. Otherwise you will be waiting for who nows how much longer.

At the minimum, we will have one on display at NAB if you are still on the fence or happen to be at the show and miss out on the first delivery.

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics
Ryan Avery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2008, 11:55 AM   #3
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southampton UK
Posts: 165
Thanks Ryan,

I have my name down for one from a UK dealer...

Is there any reason why they are taking so long to get out?

Any news on whether you guys will be making a 2x extender?

thanks,

Brendan.
Brendan Pyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2008, 01:44 PM   #4
Sponsor: Schneider Optics
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Pyatt View Post
Thanks Ryan,

I have my name down for one from a UK dealer...

Is there any reason why they are taking so long to get out?

Any news on whether you guys will be making a 2x extender?

thanks,

Brendan.
Brendan,

Anytime we make a new product it takes a considerable amount of time. We recieve no cooperation from Sony in advance so we are forced to make the product when we are able to get our hands on one which coincidently is about the same time you do. Due to the precision nature of our products we prefer to get it right and that takes time.

A 2x is not out of the question but the timing is much longer. We are still evaluating possibilities but nothing will be announced for some time if at all.

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics
Ryan Avery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2008, 06:06 PM   #5
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southampton UK
Posts: 165
Thanks alot Ryan.

It's so frustrating not being able to use my EX1!

Im off to africa next week - seems such a shame to be taking my V1U.

Be sure to get it right and hurry up with it ;)

Where would we be without Schneinder..?
Brendan Pyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2008, 07:14 PM   #6
Sponsor: Schneider Optics
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Pyatt View Post
Thanks alot Ryan.

It's so frustrating not being able to use my EX1!

Im off to africa next week - seems such a shame to be taking my V1U.

Be sure to get it right and hurry up with it ;)

Where would we be without Schneinder..?
I would probably be shamelessly promoting something else on this website.
Ryan Avery is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:30 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network