DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Purchasing PMW-EX1 from other continent (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/116320-purchasing-pmw-ex1-other-continent.html)

Alessandro Zumstein March 4th, 2008 05:04 PM

Purchasing PMW-EX1 from other continent

Hello, i live in Switzerland and want purchase a PMW-EX1. In my country i pay CHF9400 (9050USD) and on BH photovideo i pay 7080USD.
My quesions are:
- Have anyone purchased his PMW-EX1 by BH Photovideo? And what he think about (have the display death pixes after shipping?)?

- It is secure purchase a 7000$ product from other continents?

Sorry for this questions, but i am a student and i have not money for risk

Steven Thomas March 4th, 2008 05:12 PM

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe B&H Video's policy will not sell it out of the USA.

BTW, B&H Video is probably the largest video distributor, period. They are very strong in the business. I've been buying from them for years,

Now, nothing is to stop you from taking a plane and flying to NY USA to visit.
;)

Dean Harrington March 4th, 2008 05:44 PM

Better to buy local ...

You will need support and your dealer is someone you need to have at your back. I live in Japan and have had good service from mine. You buy out of your area, you take the chance of no support.

Jim Martin March 4th, 2008 05:44 PM

Gruezi Allesandro! I got to Zug every 6 months. If you buy from B&H, your warranty will be here in the US. If you can live with that, go ahead. If you get it bad out of the box, I'm sure you can send it back and they would send you another.

tschees,

Jim Martin
Birns & Sawyer

Alexander Kubalsky March 4th, 2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Harrington (Post 837437)
You will need support and your dealer is someone you need to have at your back. I live in Japan and have had good service from mine. You buy out of your area, you take the chance of no support.

I totally agree with that. Its best to buy local.
Dean, I also live in Japan and bought my EX1 here. Which daeler did you buy from?
Alex.

Giroud Francois March 4th, 2008 07:13 PM

I purchase almost all my video equipement from BH and the little stuffs from ebay (Australia, USA, China etc...)
Since many years everything goes ok, never been disappointed.
Sony makes very good products and support around the world is excellent.
The only problem with the Ex-1 is that US Shop will not deliver outside US (because Sony request) so it is currently not possible to purchase from BH.
Except if you find a friend who will do that for you and send it.
There is a worldwide support you can buy (Mack) that is a bit tricky, but it should work anywhere in the world.

Dean Harrington March 4th, 2008 07:41 PM

Fujiya Avic in Nakano ...

What about you?

Alexander Kubalsky March 4th, 2008 08:36 PM

Videkin in Shinjuku

Actually, having just said I agree its good to have your dealer close by... Im now bipassing my dealer and going directly to sony with maintenance stuff. Saves time and easy to do , here anyway.
Dean, do you have a website or contact address? Dont know any other Ex owners in town.
A.

Joel Klein March 4th, 2008 10:40 PM

have a local frind buy it from b&h and ship it to you

Sean Seah March 4th, 2008 11:57 PM

OR u can order from Expandore. They are pretty professional. I buy from them locally and they r reg by Sony.

http://www.expandore.biz/sitemap.asp#2

John Woo March 5th, 2008 01:02 AM

I bought my EX1 from Expandore 3 weeks ago with 2 years extended MACK warranty which is recognise worldwide by SONY. SO far, I can say Expandore price is one of the lowest and they also ship international. By the way, I am not their employee.

Robb Cox March 5th, 2008 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Woo (Post 837569)
I bought my EX1 from Expandore 3 weeks ago with 2 years extended MACK warranty which is recognise worldwide by SONY. SO far, I can say Expandore price is one of the lowest and they also ship international. By the way, I am not their employee.

Agreed, I bought my EX1 from Expandore 2 weeks ago.. No problems and a great price.

Alessandro Zumstein March 5th, 2008 06:13 AM

Warranty

Hello, i have another questions:
- By purchasing the PMW-EX1 is the Sony Prime Suport included?
- When i have problems with the camera, how it forks? Must i send the camera at Expandmore or can i send my camera to an official Sony service center in my country?
- It exist only one PMW-EX1 camera, or it exist other models (PMW-EX1E/U/P/N) or is the only difference, the AC cord?
- Are there a german and italian user manuals in the box, when i buy the camera by Expandmore?

Oyvind Stokkan March 5th, 2008 06:49 AM

Cheapest i could find in europe is creative video .co .uk. Including 2 year prime support and 2 8gb cards. Perfect!

Dean Harrington March 5th, 2008 08:44 AM

dropped you an email ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Kubalsky (Post 837459)
I totally agree with that. Its best to buy local.
Dean, I also live in Japan and bought my EX1 here. Which daeler did you buy from?
Alex.

Drop me a line; dean@spinfish.tv