advice on where to buy Sony EX1 and SXS cards online or in Los Angeles at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Closed Thread

Old March 4th, 2008, 08:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

advice on where to buy Sony EX1 and SXS cards online or in Los Angeles

I need to purchase an EX1 and a couple of 16GB SXS cards and wondered if anyone had recommendations as to where I could buy. Online is OK as long as it's not "grey market"... also, I live in Los Angeles and can buy locally as well.
Getting a great price would be nice... but I can't imagine that the price difference from place to place is huge anyway.

thanks in advance.

Michael
Old March 4th, 2008, 08:25 PM   #2
Trustee

b&H would be good wouldn't it as you wouldn't pay sales tax if shipped from NY?
Old March 4th, 2008, 09:55 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I could be wrong but I think Abel Cinetech is a sponsor as well and they have a shop in LA. I purchased something over the phone with Joe Guilfoyle and he was very helpful and went out of his way to give me some instruction on a CA tax exemption that I was eligible for. The product was shipped the same day and delivered in tip top shape.

Can't argue with B&H though...bought my EX1 from them and it also came in great shape.

Good luck!
Old March 4th, 2008, 09:58 PM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

As a matter of forum policy, I firmly refer *all* where-to-buy questions exclusively to our trusted site sponsors: http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors

Of course I also encourage our readers to support their local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in their neighborhood. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds