Road to Chicago-Short clip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 30th, 2008, 08:01 PM   #1
Major Player

Road to Chicago-Short clip

http://www.vimeo.com/839610

Saturday I went out and did some quick shooting while freezing my a*s off on the lakefront.

Enjoy,
Dennis Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Dennis, Thanks for posting this... brought back memories of my trip to
Chicago ...
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 06:42 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Very nice Dennis !!

Is this 1080@24p Sir?

Thanks for sharing
Paul
Paul Dhadialla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 08:08 PM   #4
Inner Circle

That was lovely... I've been thinking about doing something like that in my town. I wish I had something like your camera to do it though.

I want to ask about about something, and I do NOT mean this as a criticism. Just curious.

In the shot of the boat on the water, I noticed that you did not put the horizon straight across the frame. Maybe it's just my old photographers eye, but did you do this on purpose. It just reached out and grabbed me, so I wasn't sure if that was your intent.
Perrone Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 08:22 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrone Ford View Post
That was lovely... I've been thinking about doing something like that in my town. I wish I had something like your camera to do it though.

I want to ask about about something, and I do NOT mean this as a criticism. Just curious.

In the shot of the boat on the water, I noticed that you did not put the horizon straight across the frame. Maybe it's just my old photographers eye, but did you do this on purpose. It just reached out and grabbed me, so I wasn't sure if that was your intent.

Good eye and I noticed that as well as the tripod I am using is a temporary one. it's literally worth 50 bucks. it's so flimsey that if I were to put my camera on a stick it would be more stable.

My buddy has a realy heavy duty professional tripod and i'm waiting for him to come in to town so I can borrow it since we will be working together on some shorts.

Slow motion scenes were 720p 24p .
Dennis Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 09:20 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Thanks for the clarification. Working on bad sticks is a royal pain. It's funny because last month I went to do a time lapse of a local building, and couldn't get my tripod square and so I abandoned the shoot. I guess I am just sensitive about that kind of thing.
Perrone Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 02:26 AM   #7
New Boot

Nice footage, Dennis. Almost like being there. Also makes Chicago in spring all that much MORE. I'm just imagining seeing that same lakefront in a mere month.... hotties on rollerblades, dogs walking, just packed w/ people. Good times.
Michael Mcintyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 05:59 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mcintyre View Post
Nice footage, Dennis. Almost like being there. Also makes Chicago in spring all that much MORE. I'm just imagining seeing that same lakefront in a mere month.... hotties on rollerblades, dogs walking, just packed w/ people. Good times.
oh absolutly. last night I went out and filmed on a perfect night and people were out and about. Chicago is truly amazing.
Dennis Joseph is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds