XDCAM Transfer not tansferring all clips at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 31st, 2008, 10:37 AM   #1
Tourist

XDCAM Transfer not tansferring all clips

Several times when using XDCAM transfer, it looks like it's finished doing all the clips but when I check the Finder, some clips aren't imported.

So just a heads up... count the clips in the finder to check the number matches the number of clips on the card.

A couple of times, I had already deleted the clips from the card and importing from my DVD archives is painfully slow.

(mac with xdcam transfer 2.5.1 using USB cable connected directly to camera powered by DC plug-in power)
Andrew Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2008, 12:03 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I believe the issue may be related to spanned clips. If you have both cards loaded, I believe if you import the final part of the clip it'll pull in the others. If you're doing one card at a time it wont import the clip unless you mark it as a subclip.

I've bumped into this a few times so I'm recalling the above from memory (which may be faulty . . . brain needs a RAM upgrade and the cache emptied).
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2008, 12:39 PM   #3
Tourist

That's doesn't apply to me... My projects are short form (tv commercials, etc..) and I have always been able to fit one project to a single card.

One time it happened, it was an obvious USB disconnect... spinning beachballs and lost connection warnings. Today, it just didn't import all the clips even though the blue box countdown disappeared. (I didn't see it actually finish, I was doing other things.)
Andrew Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds