status check at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 7th, 2008, 09:07 AM   #1
Regular Crew

status check

hi all

a question from a sound man who has to work yith the sony EX.
when i work with a sony z1 i send a tone from my sound devices 302 and set it to -20 on the camera meters. the level on the z1 meters is easy to check by pushing the STATUS CHECK button on the back of the camera. i can then see a larger meter with numbers. can you tell me how can i see the same thing on the EX? the status check button stil exists but in no way i could see any number written on the meter..
let's put the question in another way: how do you set the levels on your camera when sending the tone from a SD302 mixer?
thanks

pietro
Pietro Jona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 12:09 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Don't know if this answers your question, but you can see levels with numbers by hitting the "Status" button and then scrolling the page till you can see the audio levels. I'm used to shooting on a Z1 also and think that the audio levels should be the default of the status page.
Akira Hakuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 04:03 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Akira's right. The Status button is on the top of the camera (right below the handle). After pressing it, you can use the 'joystick' on the handle to scroll to the next page to see the sound status
Brent Ethington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 02:33 AM   #4
Regular Crew

perfect.
it is not clear if i'm going to see the numbers but i will check as soon as i have a EX in my hands.
thanks a lot

pietro
Pietro Jona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 08:45 AM   #5
Regular Crew

yes - you'll see numbers. now, you just have to guess where the sound points match up to the numbers... :-)
Brent Ethington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 11:31 AM   #6
Regular Crew

well then many thanks to both of you!
i'll set the tone at -20. during a job i did a few days before i just checked where the camera set the mixer tone in automatic and sticked to that level..
ciao

pietro
Pietro Jona is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds