DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Looking to buy a EX1 from a sponsor but from who? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/119670-looking-buy-ex1-sponsor-but-who.html)

David Chia April 18th, 2008 07:00 AM

Looking to buy a EX1 from a sponsor but from who?

Can someone tell me who has the best deal in the U.S . I 'm coming over next month and I want to get one from the sponsor. I always get from Christine from ZGC but I don't think they carry the sony EX1

So can someone tell me who to email or who to call to arrange for a deal to get a EX1

Chris Hurd April 18th, 2008 07:04 AM

Contact Christine at ZGC and ask her for a recommendation.

Carlos Viteri April 18th, 2008 07:06 AM

Hi David,

B&H Photo in New York is the place.

Carlos

David Chia April 18th, 2008 09:16 AM

Yes but the tax is killing me if I buy it in N.Y, which i'll be

Carlos Viteri April 18th, 2008 09:21 AM

Tell me about it I live in New York. However, they are very good.

Jon Carlson April 18th, 2008 11:31 AM

[Chris, please delete this if it's out-of-line... I don't want to step on any toes]

I've purchased a lot of gear from B&H. Their prices are fantastic and the selection is great. I actually picked up my EX1 from them.

However, after making that purchase I discovered Able Cine Tech. I don't know if they can always match B&H's prices, but their knowledgeable and professional staff, not to mention their ability to get hard-to-find things in stock (I got batteries and SxS cards from them) seems to eclipse even B&H (who I still purchase from).

Yes, you're still paying the NYC tax, but Able Cine Tech really has been great to work with.

Mathieu Ghekiere April 18th, 2008 11:43 AM

They are both sponsors, so I think Chris won't mind ;-)

Barry J. Anwender April 18th, 2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Carlson (Post 862944)
I've purchased a lot of gear from B&H. Their prices are fantastic and the selection is great. I actually picked up my EX1 from them.

However, after making that purchase I discovered Able Cine Tech.

If you read the sales policy on their web page, you must be a US resident. Moreover they will not accept a non US credit card. I have been considering them as well but Sony is going out of its way to prevent international customers from purchasing in the US. I'd say more but then I would become dangerous. Please tell us or e-mail me if this is not so? Hell I'm up for a vacation to NY and some shopping!

Dale Stoltzfus April 19th, 2008 01:29 PM

Unless you need the camera immediately, you might want to consider waiting and buying a slightly used cam from someone who's upgrading to the EX3 or you could put a wanted add in the Buy/Sell forum. I'm sure there will be many people getting rid of their EX1's to finance their upgrade to the EX3.