BPAV for premiere & clip browser file limit at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 28th, 2008, 07:38 PM   #1
New Boot

BPAV for premiere & clip browser file limit

Anyone know how to get around this little mess!!
Premiere only accepts BPAV folder in its current state. Will not import a BPAV folder with a different name eg. BPAV 1 (message file not supported etc) so all files have to be in the one folder.
However clip browser going from my experience only accepts about 50GB of footage before it will not save anymore files to the folder. Sure you can definately copy/paste more files external of clip browser to the folder but premiere will not access those files only those files that where imported using the clipbrower. Sure i can start another folder but can only have one BPAV folder name in any one drive.
Is it a software problem or user problem
Thanks
J. Wilbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 10:38 PM   #2
Major Player

Create new folders named whatever your footage is and dump the BPAV folder into it, do not rename the BPAV folder. In order to maintain your file integrety you must keep original BPAV's seperated. If you are combining raw clips into a BPAV folder which are different from which they came you are going to run into some serious issues...As the info in the BPAV is not just clips.
Jason Bodnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2008, 03:31 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Jason, i understand that as thats how i have been saving my files but if i was to import the files into premiere with a different name even though the original BPAV file is in it premiere comes back with files unsupported likewise if i point to the actual BPAV file in premiere same message comes back. This does not happen if a BPAV folder is by itself and not residing within another file, premiere sees this and loads the MP4 files.
J. Wilbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2008, 02:39 PM   #4
Major Player

Strange, I am not using premiere so I guess I jumped the gun thinking your BPAV's were being corrupted...Sounds like some sort of file naming conflict on some level.
Jason Bodnar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds