Sony PMW EX 1 Full Auto Mode at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:42 PM   #1
Tourist

Sony PMW EX 1 Full Auto Mode

I took a sample video indoors in very low light with full auto, then tried to duplicate the same quality with the manual settings. No matter what I did I could not get as bright a picture as the full auto. i changed f stops, shutter speed, gain, and white balance and it was a good picture, but I could not get it as bright as the full auto.

Does anyone know why the full auto would produce better light than the manual settings?
Dexil Rold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 08:10 PM   #2
Major Player

Did you try turning the shutter off?

Did you go into the menu, to "gain settings" and make sure that the high gain switch settings is maxed out?

That's all that I can think of.
Eric Pascarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 11:06 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Was is just brighter, or was it better. I mean with the manual settings was the picture more pleasing?
Harry Pallenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 04:52 PM   #4
Tourist

Full Auto compared with manual

I have the max gain set at 9db. I did not shut the shutter off. The picture was mainly brighter, but I can no long experiment because the full auto button no longer works. Since I am going to China in two weeks I cannot afford to send it back to get it fixed before I go, so I will just have to wait until I get back.
Dexil Rold is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds