LCD Hood for EX1 like EX3 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 20th, 2008, 12:45 AM   #31
Major Player

Yes, the price is off-putting. Eventually I bought one and I'm pleased that I did.
Serena Steuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:46 PM   #32
Trustee

Did something weird happen to this thread so that it got hijacked by another discussion about USB card readers??

Well - back to the LCD - I talked to Hoodman at NAB aboput making something like that and they were interested. i just emailed them to see if they were pursuing it. If you guys want to hit them with more emails it will support my statement that they would sell a ton of them.

They are the natural vendor to make such a unit and they already make an LCD loupe that's a similar idea for still cameras. It would probably work better and look better than a handmade one.
email Hoodman.
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:55 PM   #33
Major Player

Leonard, Great idea...I was hoping that a third party would want to take this on and offer us a EVF attachement for the EX1 LCD. I will shoot them an email as well.
Jason Bodnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:56 PM   #34
Trustee

They already make a loupe kind of device for DSLR's LCDs, shouldn't take much redesigning to convert it for use on the EX1.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:44 PM   #35
Trustee

I just had an email exchange with Hoodman, and they are working on one. Expect to have it out by July / August.

Does sound like a larger version of what they have for DSLR's called a "HoodLoupe". I imagine the more requests they get though the more they might expedite it.

Lenny
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 07:04 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Levy View Post
I just had an email exchange with Hoodman, and they are working on one. Expect to have it out by July / August.

Does sound like a larger version of what they have for DSLR's called a "HoodLoupe". I imagine the more requests they get though the more they might expedite it.

Lenny
Rollie already have one of these for up to 6x6 screens and Hasselblad has one with adjusting diopters but it is like $450. They are all single eyed. for a pro approach and to avoid squint in bright light really need a two eyed version. Using the two I have you would be surprised just how superior and image is got with the two eyed version.
Mike Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 07:46 PM   #37
Trustee

I don't want a two eyed version. the image might be better, but I shoot alot of doc stuff and you need to be looking around.
I've never seen a two eyed viewfinder.
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds