Anyone with Serial 100084 at Sony Service? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 21st, 2008, 01:09 PM   #1
Sponsor: divergent media

Anyone with Serial 100084 at Sony Service?

So, a couple weeks back, I sent my XDcam EX to San Jose for the backfocus to be adjusted. It came back yesterday, all shiny and nice.

Then today, another one came.

It's serial 100084, it's definitely not mine. I've called the san jose office and let a message, and spoken with the main service and support number as well. Hopefully they'll work it out and I can just ship it back to them. But, on the off chance that the owner of 100084 is on DVinfo ... I've got your camera. Terribly sorry.
Old May 21st, 2008, 01:13 PM   #2
Major Player

Maybe Sony just thought you needed a second camera.
Benjamin Eckstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 01:24 PM   #3
Major Player

Ya, its mine--go ahead and send it to me! I'll send yours when I get it.

(do you think he fell for it?)
Old May 21st, 2008, 01:35 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Maybe they thought you were so good at finding issues they'd send you other to provide QC/QA for.

That's a really early serial number too.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 02:27 PM   #5
Major Player

hmmm... i have 100089 and bought it from abel cine in NY.... maybe they know who owns it?

Your doing the right thing by not keeping it.... life is to short and carma will hit your dogma if you'd a kept it.
Christopher Witz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 02:41 PM   #6
Major Player

It's pretty hilarious though. I was shocked when my cam came back from Sony and Fed Ex left it on my doorstep. I was home, so I heard when they rang the bell but the Fed Ex guy was back in his truck, so had I not been home a nice box that says SONY EX-1 would have been sitting on my front porch. Seems a little stupid.
Benjamin Eckstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 02:43 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Witz View Post
hmmm... i have 100089 and bought it from abel cine in NY.... maybe they know who owns it?

Your doing the right thing by not keeping it.... life is to short and carma will hit your dogma if you'd a kept it.
Abel Cine may be able to tell Colin who bought it but I doubt they would. Customer privacy issue and all.

I agree, this was a very honest thing Colin. I applaud your integrity! I wish everyone was like this!
Doug Okamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 06:33 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Mine is still there. So sorry is not it. I would ask you to keep it, so they would send me a new one.

Regards.
Mike Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 06:35 PM   #9
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Eckstein View Post
It's pretty hilarious though. I was shocked when my cam came back from Sony and Fed Ex left it on my doorstep. I was home, so I heard when they rang the bell but the Fed Ex guy was back in his truck, so had I not been home a nice box that says SONY EX-1 would have been sitting on my front porch. Seems a little stupid.
I haven't filed the signature card with FedEX so anytime someone ships to me via FedEX, I have to personally sign for it. They won't leave anything at my doorstep without a signature.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 08:17 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Sony Customer Service

This is not very reassuring. I hope the owner doesn't need his/her camera back for that big job tomorrow. SOL
Chris Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 10:14 PM   #11

What's very odd is that I've now left a few messages with the San Jose phone number (explaining the whole story) and haven't gotten a call back.

I'm going to try going through the normal service line again and see if they have anyone else to call. I know how upset I'd be if my camera had been sent to someone else, so I really want to get it resolved. I'm just worried if I ship it back directly without arranging it in advance, it'll just get logged as coming from me and come right back.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 11:46 PM   #12
Regular Crew

I don't recommend that you send it back without arranging it first. This is an unusual situation and I think that Sony acts slowly when faced with unusual circumstances.

I suspect that someone there may think it was a scam or crank call and once that is investigated and you are found to be honest they will get the ball rolling and take care of it. Be persistent and patient!

Thanks again for your integrity!
Doug Okamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 03:00 PM   #13

resolution

For anyone interested, I finally reached someone at Sony today that was able to resolve this - they're sending out a shipping label to get it back to them. Good deal.
Old May 24th, 2008, 10:05 AM   #14
Trustee

Thumbs up for the honesty!
Sean Seah is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds