DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   new venture with EX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/122136-new-venture-ex1.html)

Craig Hollenback May 21st, 2008 03:08 PM

new venture with EX1

Hello all,
I would like to introduce you to www.KeysTV.com the Florida Keys and Key West Video Travel Guide. watch videos, get maps, visit websites and print value savings coupons 7 brochures. Vacation planning made easy!
We are very excited about our new video business that we created and wanted to pass it on to you as food for thought. Perhaps you could do a similar video business in your area.
We are almost finished with the programming. The site is data base driven so that we don't have to make changes to indiviual web pages when we add content. Our newer videos are flash and are shot with the EX1. I hope that you enjoy them! We try to add a new one every other day.
Additionally, we are creating about a dozen other sites branded under "The Conch Republic"...it's a name given to Florida Keys and Key West, kind of a Jimmy Buffet thing.
We intend to franchise our site later this year so that anyone with a camcorder and edit software can do what we do in their own area without web skills.
Enjoy!

Best, Craig Hollenback
www.TheConchRepublicGroup.com

Tim Polster May 21st, 2008 03:34 PM

Thanks for sharing.

The video is nice and crisp as far as internet video goes.

Just wondering why it is not in 16x9 format?

Craig Hollenback May 21st, 2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Polster (Post 881249)
Thanks for sharing.

The video is nice and crisp as far as internet video goes.

Just wondering why it is not in 16x9 format?

Thnaks for checking it out....3x4 for portable devices...

Tim Polster May 21st, 2008 08:48 PM

Did you shoot in SD or shoot in HD and frame for 4x3?

By the way, nice web design as well.

Though I must say, it was a bit confusing when I followed your link.

All of the links on the left side take you away from the site, or at least open in a new window.

Paul Cronin May 22nd, 2008 06:34 AM

Hi Craig,

It is nice to see the site up and running. I had a great two weeks in Big Pine this past February shooting in the backcountry. Magical

Craig Hollenback May 22nd, 2008 10:48 AM

Must have been the Conch site

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Polster (Post 881374)
Did you shoot in SD or shoot in HD and frame for 4x3?

By the way, nice web design as well.

Though I must say, it was a bit confusing when I followed your link.

All of the links on the left side take you away from the site, or at least open in a new window.

Thanks and yes, shot 16:9 HD cropped in Squeeze...the site that you probably went to was conchrepublic...it's just there as a holder right now...real site is keystv.
Best, Craig

Craig Hollenback May 22nd, 2008 10:49 AM

Thanks Paul

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Cronin (Post 881519)
Hi Craig,

It is nice to see the site up and running. I had a great two weeks in Big Pine this past February shooting in the backcountry. Magical

Yes...jsut up and running...very cool Big Pine....about 15 minutes from here...it's a time warp up there. Lots of Key deer!
Best, Craig