Cinevate or Redrock Micro Matte Box - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 07:55 AM   #16
Major Player

Hi Bill

The microMatteBox does need the extended camera connector to slide beneath the microphone snoot. We have that in the works, and will be released following the microMatteBox

Thanks

Brian
Brian Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2008, 09:14 PM   #17
Major Player

Our mattebox works just fine on the EX1 :-) Combined with the Proteus system and "shorty" links I'm pretty sure there is no camera, be it ENG or HV20 that does not work with our rails and mattebox...with or without an adapter.

Service is everything to us which is why Hubert (speaks four languages and has 20 years in the film industry) answers our phone and replies to your emails every day. Our service standard is to have product in our customer's hands 3 business days worldwide from the day of order and to have a person at the end of the phone, forum, or email to help if there's an issue. Our standard ship method is Fedex Express and their track record so far has been outstanding.

For those with our boxes, like the Brevis35 MP.1, any improvements tend to be modular and retrograde friendly. Our universal and height adjustable swing away module will be added to our rails system collection in a few weeks. It's designed to work with any mattebox and turn it into a height adjustable swing away :-)

Cheers,
Dennis Wood
www.cinevate.com
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2008, 09:16 PM   #18
Major Player

Btw, (and sorry, I can't edit my messages) from what I've seen Brian has done a great job with the RRM offering :-)
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 06:37 PM   #19
Major Player

The Red Rock looks very appealing, but has anybody seen this demo video for the Arri gear?:

HDFilmtools.com
Dave Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 06:39 PM   #20
Major Player

Apologies if that last link didn't work.....try this one:

HDFilmtools.com Blog Archive ARRI Camera Accessories for Handheld HD Cameras

dave
Old September 21st, 2008, 07:27 PM   #21
Major Player

arri mattebox ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Morrison View Post
The Red Rock looks very appealing, but has anybody seen this demo video for the Arri gear?:

HDFilmtools.com
At $3,700 for the arri, I'll be happy to stick with by RR matttebox, thank you very much. The swing away arm is very useful to change lenses and that doesn't appear to be the case with the arri.
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 08:04 PM   #22
Major Player

Yeah, me too. But if I understood the video right, it looks like that price is for the mattebox, the rails and the follow-focus. No? Granted, I'll still probably get the Red Rock, too.
Old September 21st, 2008, 08:09 PM   #23
Major Player

You said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Harrington View Post
At $3,700 for the arri, I'll be happy to stick with by RR matttebox, thank you very much. The swing away arm is very useful to change lenses and that doesn't appear to be the case with the arri.
Happy with my RR so far. Similar or better features at 1/6th the price. Does the Arri even come with flags and wings?

PS. You can get RR gear quickly by knowing which online vendor to use.
Justin Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 08:21 PM   #24
Major Player

Sounds good, Justin. I'll be sure to get that from you when my $$$ situation improves. Job loss has a tendency to diminish my spending, 'ya know?
Old September 21st, 2008, 08:31 PM   #25
Major Player

Still ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Morrison View Post
Yeah, me too. But if I understood the video right, it looks like that price is for the mattebox, the rails and the follow-focus. No? Granted, I'll still probably get the Red Rock, too.
RR follow focus cinema bundle = $875.00
Cinevate rails system = $350 ~ $400
RR MatteBox deluxe bundle = $695.00

Still the total is very small considering the quality and price. In total, around $2,000.
When you consider these price ranges for use with big or small cameras and the added costs of filters $150~ $300 US each stack on the costs of a basic and necessary filter set of 4 to 5 filters $1,000, you are looking at $3,000 to outfit the MatteBox system one would need to do a shoot with. The cost of filter sets of course vary according to size and quality, so, I'm only referring to basic high quality filters here. You could go up to $2,000 to outfit in filters alone!
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 07:29 AM   #26
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Harrington View Post
new ex1 arri mattebox at ibc is around 1000 euros.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 12:35 PM   #27
Major Player

??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Bloom View Post
new ex1 arri mattebox at ibc is around 1000 euros.
Was that a special IBC deal? Are we talking about the same Arri mentioned in the video above? And does it come with flags and wings?

Jus.
Justin Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 06:32 AM   #28
Regular Crew

Redrock MB shipping after 1 week

I recently ordered a redrock mmb, and one week later now I was just informed it was shipping. I was expecting much longer. Once I get it, I'll post some photos, etc.

-Sean
Sean Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 06:39 AM   #29
Inner Circle

I've been using the RR mMatteBox, mFollowFocus and filters for some time now, but so far only with my Letus adapter and rails, mounted on the tripod (you can see pictures of my ring in another thread on this forum).

I have the interim solution (rubber lens hood) from Brian Valente (whose support has been outstanding), but in order to mount the microMatteBox on the naked EX1 I'll also need the RR microSupport base plate and rails, which are on my next order along with their microShoulderSupport.

I can only say that the quality of the Redrock micro products is superb, and the customer support - excellent.
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:55 PM   #30
Major Player

Chrosziel | AC-CMB-R20-EX3K1 Sunshade Kit 1 | R20-EX3-K1 | B&H

I dont need a full on matte box, but I am constantly using this same one for my HD100...

do you think it would be a good purchase for an ex3?
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds