Ex1 timecode sync to Sound Devices 702T? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 29th, 2008, 07:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Ex1 timecode sync to Sound Devices 702T?

Just a really quick question. Does anyone know if you can sync the timecode of an EX1 to a Sound Devices 702T? I need to be able to record perfectly synced audio if possible.
Spencer Dickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 08:03 PM   #2

If you used a clapboard, you don't need a sync signal. The 702 will hold sync for over an hour....works very well for my use with my EX1.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 08:12 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I slate every shot. EVERY shot. Now, the only thing that bothers me is that, technically, it is going slightly, imperceptibly out of sync from the moment you slate...correct? Even if I don't need it to sync, is it possible to get it to do so?
Spencer Dickson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds