any advice re shooting stop-frame animation? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 11th, 2008, 12:21 PM   #16
Major Player

Patrick - - that is all very thoughtfully laid out advice... I went through it all (it hadn't occurred to me that even though the duration doesn't change until you get, in the case of my one-frame grabs, past twenty-four of these things), but still no luck. Thanks so much, though... I now know a lot more about this process than I did before.
And Kevin... I'll try three frames next time.
Cheers,
Malcolm
Malcolm Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:59 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Malcolm, if you set the camera counter to TC instead of Duration, you will see in the display the complete timecode with hours, minutes, seconds and frames, so you would be able to see the advance of every frame (or three, or whatever you set on the Frame recording menu item).
Old June 11th, 2008, 02:18 PM   #18
Major Player

Brilliant, David. I'll check it out. cheers, Malcolm
Malcolm Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 05:34 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Check this " Stop- Frame Animation" info out from Sony.

Kevin
Kevin Wayne Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lorente View Post
Malcolm, if you set the camera counter to TC instead of Duration, you will see in the display the complete timecode with hours, minutes, seconds and frames, so you would be able to see the advance of every frame (or three, or whatever you set on the Frame recording menu item).
You are correct. I had left my display in duration and I wasn't seeing the frame count even though it was working.
Patrick Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 03:18 PM   #21
Major Player

Just an update. I have checked and double-checked, following up on suggestions made here, and after reading and re-reading page 59 of the manual... and it my IR remote just doesn't work. I even put a new battery in it.
So unless someone can think of something else I can try, I'm going to give up on it, and (I hope), get a cable remote. Can anyone tell me where I can get such a thing?
Thanks for trying everyone. malcolm
Malcolm Hamilton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds