EX3 style viewfinder eyepiece for EX1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 27th, 2008, 09:19 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Good point Serena I will try the eye cup from the view finder to see how that works.
Old June 27th, 2008, 04:09 PM   #17
Major Player

I took my M3 viewfinder to the optician shop,. They measure the plastic lens, and it is a +8 Diopter, Does any one have a source of a diopter supplier?
Old June 27th, 2008, 05:42 PM   #18
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cahill View Post
I took my M3 viewfinder to the optician shop,. They measure the plastic lens, and it is a +8 Diopter, Does any one have a source of a diopter supplier?
Steve,

What do you think about the view through the M3 lens? With it installed in my LCD hood it seems very good, but I'd like to see a slightly less magnified image. I find myself peering around the corner a bit to see the corners of the screen.

What's your take?

M.
Michael Belanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 07:45 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Lense for hoody viewfinder

I found something that seems to work.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ier_Model.html

I took this magnifier apart and mounted the lens into some soft foam that I fit into my Hoodman H400. Seems to work in the studio at night. I will test it out in the daylight tomorrow.
Charles Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 09:02 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:

A scuba dive shop, they have diopter inserts for dive mask's...
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 01:02 AM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Usually any optician can supply spectacle lenses, with which you make an eyepiece. Not as good as one specifically designed, but very usable if you don't try to go for too great a magnification; not more than 7 or 8 diopter (a focal length of 140 to 125 mm). More powerful than that and a simple arrangement won't cover the required field.
Serena Steuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 05:03 AM   #22
Major Player

I have not tried the magnifier, as of yet just found the M3 eyepiece, I will mount it and check it out.
Old June 28th, 2008, 10:37 AM   #23
New Boot

Quote:
I have not tried the magnifier, as of yet just found the M3 eyepiece, I will mount it and check it out.
Thanks Steve. Mine is at the farthest distance from the LCD that's still in focus, which happens to coincide with my lcd hood nicely.

M.
Michael Belanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 04:11 PM   #24
Major Player

What I find with any sort of hood is that you have to keep taking it off when your on the move to safely store the LCD, need a quick solution to attach and unattach.
Old June 28th, 2008, 06:03 PM   #25
Major Player

Quote:
What I find with any sort of hood is that you have to keep taking it off when your on the move to safely store the LCD, need a quick solution to attach and unattach.
Well, the fastening you see here meets that criterion (an elastic hair band hooks around and upper and lower knob). But the hood is just a "boiler plate" test prototype.
http://www.dvinfo.net/gallery/showim...mageuser=28517
Serena Steuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 08:21 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Hey Michael are you going to post the "how to" for the viewfinder and the shoulder pad

Thanks
Robert Musiello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 08:58 AM   #27
Major Player

I was visiting with a third party developer who is looking into such a product. Really cannot discuss obviously, but already working on the concept.
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds