Splitting Clips across 2 Different Cards at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 27th, 2008, 10:50 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Splitting Clips across 2 Different Cards

I'm sure this has been asked, but I can't find the proper words in my searches. So, can some one address the question, or point me to some posts. I'm basically having a problem with this one long clip I shot, which extended into the next card. The clip on card 1 transfered, plays in Transfer software, but has SMI instead of MP4. The clip on 2nd card only plays in camera, and shows up as no media in transfer software, and no thumb nail, but shows other properties. Any ideas? Thanks
L.J. Morelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 01:21 PM   #2
Regular Crew

.smi needs in and out points added.

You probably need to upgrade your Transfer soft from 2.5 to 2.7

Search for any Craig Seabass posts/replies, he seems to have the process down, and is decent at 'splaining things

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds