ideal portable monitor? at

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PMW-300, PXW-X200, PXW-X180 (back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 1st, 2008, 04:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew
ideal portable monitor?

In a relatively money-no-object situation (we're having a very good year!), what's the ideal Director's monitor for field and studio use, with two video inputs, for the EX1?
Mark Slocombe, CreationVideo
Mark Slocombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 04:01 AM   #2
Major Player
My guess would be an Astro oscillo/vectorscope. Over beeing a good monitor, you will have all the needed tools in one.

Then you will have the panasonic BT-LH900 or the Carrion (search forum for informations) which have a 1024x768 resolution in a 8" monitor. The panasonic also have a zoom mode and a small histogram. You can really work with them. I wouldn't go for something smaller than 8". Bigger is heavier, sometime for the same resolution.
The new TV Logic series seems good too but, as far as I know, are 800x480.

They all have HD-SDI, which is the best way to go with the EX1, and some other inputs as VGA, DVI, componant, composite, depending on the model.
I wouldn't go for cheapest brand (Marshal), which does not have HD-SDI inputs.

Hope this helped.
DoP, Video/Camera assistant
Sebastien Thomas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds