Time and date stamp at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 8th, 2008, 07:15 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Time and date stamp

I do a lot of court videography and have been using a Z1 that has the ability to burn a time/date stamp on the image from the camera. While the EX-1 records this info as metadata, I can find no way to burn it on the image while recording, nor in post. Does anyone know of a way I can do this or am I going to have to add it in post from a 3rd party piece of software. My days with the Z1 are numbered and I need to find a solution to this issue soon. All thoughts on the matter are appreciated.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media
Mick Haensler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:56 PM   #2
Tourist

Time and date

Aloha Mick,

We have set our time code to read clock time on our EX1. Then in FCP it's easy to show TC on the clip. Works good and since you don't have to digitize from tape, you don't need continuous TC anymore. Then you can just burn the date across the clips too. Anyway, someone may have a less kludgy way of doing it, but this works.

Ken
Ken Hon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 08:01 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Diabilocal!!!

That'll do it Ken. Thanks so much. I knew it could be done.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media
Mick Haensler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds