Editing Workflow with PremierePro CS3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 13th, 2008, 09:53 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Editing Workflow with PremierePro CS3

Hello :)

just wanted to ask what is your preferred workflow, getting footage of the ex1 into Premiere.

When I download the card with the clipbrowser I get a folder in which a folder contains a subfolder for each clip. That's not very straight forward :)

Do I really have to import each of them by making my way through 3 Folders ? Shurely not. There must be a better way.

The only export posibillity seems that "mxf" format which can be imported but won't play in realtime.

Those MP4 files play beautifully but it cannot be that I have to import one clip at a time if a have maybe a hundred after a shooting day :)

So thank you for any tip and ideas !

Peter
Peter Rixner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 10:56 AM   #2
Major Player

I'm using PPRO CS3 and this is what I do.

I offload my BPAV folder and put it inside another folder that I 'name' for the card. You need to keep the BPAV folder named as such or it won't work. Don't know why, but it won't.

Next, I just import the entire 'named' folder into Premiere Pro (if you on Mac, you just click on the 'named' folder and click import, if you're on PC, you click on the 'named' folder and click import folder)

Premiere Pro will now import all your files under the BPAV folder and put them into your project.

You can now start editing.
Old July 13th, 2008, 01:36 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Fantastic ! Thank You, that's perfect.

I found, that then the Project Manager can be used to further narrow down the selection of good clips. As I expected you cannot trim the clips, but at least you can copy the used clips into a new project.

Thanks again!

Peter
Peter Rixner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds