DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Help? Don't know the best way to handle this... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/126048-help-dont-know-best-way-handle.html)

Robert Musiello July 16th, 2008 07:06 AM

Help? Don't know the best way to handle this...

Shoot a wedding at 1080P/30

Have to deliver it on BluRay, authoring is "not" a must...

Used FCP to edit, how do I export the file and burn to BluRay to keep best quality.. out of FCP

I also have Vegas.. I like the idea of burning off the timeline...
I was think of exporting the file from FCP into Vegas but don't see a Vegas 1080P/30 option?
And I don' know the best way "settings wise" to export out of FCP...
And the best setting for Vegas to burn the BluRay

I guessed I messed up shooting 1080P/30...

Piotr Wozniacki July 16th, 2008 07:19 AM

Don't worry - 30p can go to BluRay as 60i, just like 25p goes as 50i... No probs whatsover (at least with Vegas 8 - DVDA 5).

David Lorente July 16th, 2008 08:02 AM

since I have the EX1, I always shot in progressive. I use Encore CS3 to author Blu-Rays, and the only problem I had at the beginning was that I was exporting my FCP sequences using Compressor to a MPEG2 and I had set the field dominance to None. Encore would not accept the file encoded in that way, the field dominance must be set to Upper field first.

It's a bit odd, because progressive SD files cause no problems when imported to Encore... the mysteries of video editing, how could we sleep well without solving these stupid issues?

Robert Musiello July 16th, 2008 08:06 AM

Thanks guys... in a jam with this one
So what would be the best way to export out of FCP ... setting wise

Robert Musiello July 17th, 2008 10:57 AM

Did Encore Re-Encode

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Lorente (Post 908095)
since I have the EX1, I always shot in progressive. I use Encore CS3 to author Blu-Rays, and the only problem I had at the beginning was that I was exporting my FCP sequences using Compressor to a MPEG2 and I had set the field dominance to None. Encore would not accept the file encoded in that way, the field dominance must be set to Upper field first.

It's a bit odd, because progressive SD files cause no problems when imported to Encore... the mysteries of video editing, how could we sleep well without solving these stupid issues?

David when you brought it into Encore, did Encore say that it was already Transcoded or did Encore say that it was not transcoded and had to transcode your Mpeg2 ( m2v file ) over again when you built the disc, I know Encore does not encode good.

Robert Young July 17th, 2008 12:11 PM

I edit in 30p in Premiere CS3. Transcoding to 60i Blu Ray from the timeline has not been a problem. The compressor seems to simply divide each progressive frame into 2 interlaced fields (UFF). The resulting BD image/motion looks the same as is seen from the timeline. I use the same transcode settings as I do for 60i sourced material and have, so far, not had any problem.

Matt Davis July 18th, 2008 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Musiello (Post 908096)
Thanks guys... in a jam with this one
So what would be the best way to export out of FCP ... setting wise

Have you tried Toast with your jam?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Roxio Toast can take your HD QuickTime movie and encode it to a BluRay disk playable in a PlayStation 3 (apparently a good dunk test for BD compatibility).

You need to get an extra $19 plug-in on top of Toast 9.

I'd export in either the native format of the sequence, or to ProRes 422. Compressor could be used for high quality H.264 encoding, but I haven't got any settings for you yet - hence allowing Toast to do it in the first instance.

I haven't started authoring BluRay disks yet, but a colleague has, using FCS, Toast, plug-in and an LG BluRay burner (which I have too - use it for EX1 backups).