Help? Don't know the best way to handle this... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 16th, 2008, 07:06 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Help? Don't know the best way to handle this...

Shoot a wedding at 1080P/30

Have to deliver it on BluRay, authoring is "not" a must...

Used FCP to edit, how do I export the file and burn to BluRay to keep best quality.. out of FCP

I also have Vegas.. I like the idea of burning off the timeline...
I was think of exporting the file from FCP into Vegas but don't see a Vegas 1080P/30 option?
And I don' know the best way "settings wise" to export out of FCP...
And the best setting for Vegas to burn the BluRay

I guessed I messed up shooting 1080P/30...
Robert Musiello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 07:19 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Don't worry - 30p can go to BluRay as 60i, just like 25p goes as 50i... No probs whatsover (at least with Vegas 8 - DVDA 5).
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:02 AM   #3
Regular Crew

since I have the EX1, I always shot in progressive. I use Encore CS3 to author Blu-Rays, and the only problem I had at the beginning was that I was exporting my FCP sequences using Compressor to a MPEG2 and I had set the field dominance to None. Encore would not accept the file encoded in that way, the field dominance must be set to Upper field first.

It's a bit odd, because progressive SD files cause no problems when imported to Encore... the mysteries of video editing, how could we sleep well without solving these stupid issues?
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:06 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks guys... in a jam with this one
So what would be the best way to export out of FCP ... setting wise
Old July 17th, 2008, 10:57 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Did Encore Re-Encode

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lorente View Post
since I have the EX1, I always shot in progressive. I use Encore CS3 to author Blu-Rays, and the only problem I had at the beginning was that I was exporting my FCP sequences using Compressor to a MPEG2 and I had set the field dominance to None. Encore would not accept the file encoded in that way, the field dominance must be set to Upper field first.

It's a bit odd, because progressive SD files cause no problems when imported to Encore... the mysteries of video editing, how could we sleep well without solving these stupid issues?
David when you brought it into Encore, did Encore say that it was already Transcoded or did Encore say that it was not transcoded and had to transcode your Mpeg2 ( m2v file ) over again when you built the disc, I know Encore does not encode good.
Old July 17th, 2008, 12:11 PM   #6
Trustee

I edit in 30p in Premiere CS3. Transcoding to 60i Blu Ray from the timeline has not been a problem. The compressor seems to simply divide each progressive frame into 2 interlaced fields (UFF). The resulting BD image/motion looks the same as is seen from the timeline. I use the same transcode settings as I do for 60i sourced material and have, so far, not had any problem.
Old July 18th, 2008, 02:36 AM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Musiello View Post
Thanks guys... in a jam with this one
So what would be the best way to export out of FCP ... setting wise
Have you tried Toast with your jam?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Roxio Toast can take your HD QuickTime movie and encode it to a BluRay disk playable in a PlayStation 3 (apparently a good dunk test for BD compatibility).

You need to get an extra $19 plug-in on top of Toast 9.

I'd export in either the native format of the sequence, or to ProRes 422. Compressor could be used for high quality H.264 encoding, but I haven't got any settings for you yet - hence allowing Toast to do it in the first instance.

I haven't started authoring BluRay disks yet, but a colleague has, using FCS, Toast, plug-in and an LG BluRay burner (which I have too - use it for EX1 backups).

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds