Hoodman viewfinder adapter in the works at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 17th, 2008, 10:24 PM   #1
Trustee

Hoodman viewfinder adapter in the works

Hoodman just confirmed to me that they are in the late stages of developing a "HoodLoupe" adapter for the EX-1's LCD screen that acts as a viewfinder. Many of us have been waiting for this and/or making homemade rigs.

Should be shipping by late September if not earlier and will cost about $100 with a mounting system for the camera. Sounds great to if you don't go for an EX-3.

Lenny levy
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2008, 10:34 PM   #2
Regular Crew

That is great news Leonard. Thanks for the info!

Scott K.
Scott Karlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2008, 09:20 PM   #3
Major Player

Definitely watching for that.
Old July 19th, 2008, 01:46 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Tell them to hurry, might just pursuade a couple of us not to upgrade, and of course those who upgrade won't need it. But then again I suppose whoever we sell our EX1's to will. =)

- Ray
Old August 20th, 2008, 05:42 PM   #5
Major Player

The loupe will burn the LCD when in the sun, I have confirmed this, with a home made hood and a 8x loupe. It is a $500.00 replacement part. See a previous blog that shows what happens and how to do the replacement @:
http://web.mac.com/stevecahill/Steve..._Go_Wrong.html

Last edited by Steve Cahill; August 20th, 2008 at 06:12 PM.
Steve Cahill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 07:38 PM   #6
Major Player

Steve,

Isn't this true of all viewfinders? I remember very distinctive warnings about this from my JVC viewfinders, and I imagine (but didn't check) that the same holds true for the EX3.
Old August 21st, 2008, 07:59 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Happens quite abit with Scuba divers.... the housed camera can get burnt with the magnifiying glass type of view finder on the housing... its not a pretty site when they
get burnt...
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2008, 09:04 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted OMalley View Post
Steve,

Isn't this true of all viewfinders? I remember very distinctive warnings about this from my JVC viewfinders, and I imagine (but didn't check) that the same holds true for the EX3.
If you read most camera manuals, it will say that one should not face the VF directly towards the sun. That is why I use a black baby sock to cover it when I'm only using my LCD with a hoodman.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds