I'm a little confused with all the different transfer techniques... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 4th, 2008, 04:27 AM   #1
Regular Crew

I'm a little confused with all the different transfer techniques...

I have been transferring footage from my EX-1 to FCP using the XDCAM Transfer application from within FCP. I have been doing this since I first got my EX-1 with perfect results every time. However, I have seen many posts on these forums regarding transferring, and it seems that there are several different ways of getting clips into an NLE. My question is, am I doing it right or is there a better way?

Also, on a related subject, I have a client who is editing on PC, so I dragged and dropped my BPAV folders onto his external drive. Will this be OK for editing on PC, or do I need to do something else?
Shaun R Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 05:01 AM   #2
Better than Halle Berry

Firewire transfer is pretty much the same in terms of quality. The only other real method is via HD-SDI. But this accomplishes nothing extra in terms of quality- unless done from the live signal.

Noah
Noah Kadner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 06:39 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun R Walker View Post
I have seen many posts on these forums regarding transferring, and it seems that there are several different ways of getting clips into an NLE.
Not really. You can use Clip Browser (Mac Pro/Windows) as an alternative. Using live capture from the camera (i.Link, HD SDI or analog) really isn't the way to get your footage into the NLE...

George/
George Kroonder is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds