Please help - IRIS locked even in Manual mode at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 7th, 2008, 02:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Please help - IRIS locked even in Manual mode

My EX1 just came back from SONY with the battery problem fixed and firmware upgraded to 1.05

However, when I put the IRIS to manual mode, the iris ring is still in the lock position and I don't seem to be able to turn it freely like I used to before sending to SONY. Am I missing something here or SONY messed up wih my cam? Any advise?
John Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 02:02 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Woo View Post
My EX1 just came back from SONY with the battery problem fixed and firmware upgraded to 1.05

However, when I put the IRIS to manual mode, the iris ring is still in the lock position and I don't seem to be able to turn it freely like I used to before sending to SONY. Am I missing something here or SONY messed up wih my cam? Any advise?
I just reliazed the full auto mode is on. I have turned it off and now it is ok.

sorry my bad
John Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 03:49 PM   #3
Major Player

I think this is the cause of "iris lock" more often than not. It's hard to see the full auto light in daylight and it's easy to accidentally push the button.
Eric Pascarelli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds