Adobe On Location for HQ mode at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 9th, 2008, 01:34 PM   #1
Tourist

Adobe On Location for HQ mode

Hey There,

Looking for an onset monitoring/ possible recording approach for my EX-3 in 35mb/sec HQ mode. Info on whether Adobe's On Location will work? I have Mb pro 2.6 4 gb ram 7200 rpm hd, 512 nvidia 1920 X 1200 dislay... running VISTA.
Jacques Ahitkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2008, 02:17 PM   #2
Major Player

You cannot capture HQ over Firewire, so you need a capture solution for either component or HD SDI.

The only option I know that works with Windows and a notebook is the MOTU V4HD. I you were running the MBP as a mac the AJA Io could also work and capture in ProRes.

George/

P.S. You may also consider a seperate capture device like the upcoming CD Flash XDR/nanoFlash or the FFV Elite HD, although neither has been released yet and compatibility with all EX output modes and/or NLE compatibility has not been established. What has been released is the Wafian HR-F1, recording in Cineform, but that does cost about twice the price of an EX3, but it can be rented for projects.

Last edited by George Kroonder; August 9th, 2008 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Added the P.S.
George Kroonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 05:57 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Prive

Anybody catch wind of how much the FFV Elite HD is going to cost?
Ian Mora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:48 PM   #4
Major Player

FFV Elite HD

Not sure of the price. Specs look awesome 10-bit 4:2:2 100mbps JPEG2K compression..Hmm!

I hope they price it at 1K - I think they will price it at 3-6K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Mora View Post
Anybody catch wind of how much the FFV Elite HD is going to cost?
Anmol Mishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 04:29 PM   #5
Major Player

From what I read of the FFV HD Elite, it does not seem support to support 1080p?
Old March 8th, 2009, 07:10 AM   #6
Major Player

From what I understand it is geared to broadcast/news and they shoot mostly interlaced. It will also probably have a broadcast/news price tag. Call FFV to confirm; I have no insider info.

George/
George Kroonder is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds