DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Can you give a summary of all the ex1 problems that can be fixed ? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/127738-can-you-give-summary-all-ex1-problems-can-fixed.html)

Peter Rixner August 9th, 2008 04:32 PM

Can you give a summary of all the ex1 problems that can be fixed ?

Hi :)

following all threads the last weeks I think I understand that there are some problems that some cameras have, some not and that most of them can be fixed by sony support.
But I guess they won't come to me :) So I'd might come to them ...

- There was that vignetting problem in the middel of the zoom or so. How can I check if mine has that ?

- There was that backfocus problem ... that seems to be solved

- Some problems with batteries that I don't know exactly which.

- Wasn't there something else wrong with the lens ? Actually I have severe problems with the M2 Adapter. Maybe that's something to to with it ... maybe not ...

- And finally there was another vignetting thing that darkens the four corners of the picture. I had something like that when shooting against blue sky, but couldn't reproduce it ever since.

- Anything else I forgot or even havent heard of ? :)

Anything else ? I'd like to contact sony with a complete bundle of possible problems to make my and tehir life easier.

Thanks!

Peter

Barry Wilkes August 10th, 2008 01:22 AM

Listed problems

Does not remember viefinder brightness also !

James Huenergardt August 10th, 2008 06:22 AM

As far as Redrock goes, it's not going to work well with that adapter.

Why do you think Letus has come out with an EX1 fix. Redrock does not recommend their MicroX adapter with the EX1 or any large lens Sony camera because of how they work with the M2.

Hopefully Redrock will come out with a fix soon.

Peter Rixner August 10th, 2008 07:37 AM

Thanks! Thats somehow good to hear.
In the Redrock support forums they always explain me that I am doing something wrong. But I read of so many owners with the same edge to edge problems, that I am now sure, that it's not working well and I am calibrating right.

What's about the other things ?

Thanks!

Peter

Noah Kadner August 10th, 2008 08:10 AM

ir filter issue

http://dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=139436

-Noah

Paul Kendal August 10th, 2008 08:20 AM

I am getting ready to send in my EX1 for repairs/updates.

Here is what I have on my list to ask about:

Backfocus
Vignetting
Infrared Problem
Battery Drain Problem
Letters rubbing off
Firmware update

Any other known issues that I need to ask about when I send my camera in?

Benjamin Eckstein August 10th, 2008 12:32 PM

I would only ask them about the problems you are having with YOUR camera, not problems that all users have had collectively with all of their cameras.

There were plenty of cameras that had no problems. It sounds like you are asking us to tell you what is wrong with your camera. We don't know. It might be great.

Dave Morrison August 10th, 2008 12:58 PM

I agree with Benjamin. When I was having all my problems, I tried to document them with video clips that I posted on Vimeo. I included a link to the footage (which they ignored the first time the camera went in...."Gee, we didn't get the link....sorry.") so you can show them exactly what is wrong. Don't expect them to go investigating based on third-party evidence. They won't spend the time unless you say exactly what is wrong. After three trips to the shop, mine is doing well now.....knock wood.

Kevin Walsh August 10th, 2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Eckstein (Post 918885)

There were plenty of cameras that had no problems. It sounds like you are asking us to tell you what is wrong with your camera. We don't know. It might be great.

I agree, except I believe they all have an IR problem. Can someone confirm or correct me on this?